In 2012 Pilgrims Hospices celebrates its 30th anniversary and Pilgrims Hospice Thanet celebrates its 20th anniversary of caring for patients and their families.
Pilgrims Hospice Canterbury is our founding hospice and was opened in June 1982 by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. Pilgrims Hospices has since grown three hospices with Pilgrims Hospice Thanet opening in 1992 and Pilgrims Hospice Ashford opening in 2001; achieving founder Ann Robertson’s original aim of hospice care being available within 30 minutes drive of everyone in east Kent.
Today care is offered free of charge in the in-patient units, day centres, community programmes and in patients’ own homes.
Keep checking back here or in your local press for more details of the ways you can get involved. Perhaps you can:
- Share your memories of the Hospices
- Enter the Kent in Focus photographic competition
- Let other people know about the services Pilgrims provides
- Join in with an anniversary event
- Become a volunteer
Thank you to all of the Anniversary Sponsors who are supporting Pilgrims Hospices in 2012.
- Kent in Focus Photographic Competition
- Pilgrims Hospices Events Calendar
- Think Again?
- 30th Anniversary Sponsors