Why do people volunteer for Pilgrims Hospices?
Apart from wanting to work with others to support their local charity, people are inspired and motivated to work for Pilgrims Hospices for different reasons:
- Personal experience – many of our volunteers have personally experienced the palliative care and support we offer to patients with incurable illnesses and their families.
- Special interest/skill – which can make a valuable contribution to Pilgrims Hospices’ work.
- Spare time – a few hours a week to get involved in something different and rewarding.
- Students – course placement or work experience.
- Retirement – making good use of years of expertise.
- Between jobs – a couple of months to spare before starting a new job.
Whatever your reason is, we would love to hear from you!
“My grandma had cancer and was cared for in the hospice. The care was so good, I wanted to help and it’s been great.”
Vikki Hammond, Cheriton shop
Our current volunteering opportunities are regularly updated and can be viewed here.
Download our work experience application form and send it to your preferred hospice.Application Form – Work Experience
Please send your completed application form to your preferred hospice: