This five-day course is designed to enhance knowledge and confidence in the principles and practices of end of life care. This is achieved through interactive sessions from the multi-disciplinary hospice team and the completion of a practice development record enabling participants to reflect and demonstrate learning outcomes.
The course breakdown is as follows:
- Day 1: Philosophy and principles of end of life care
- Day 2: Communication with people at end of life
- Day 3: Psycho-social care, spirituality and bereavement
- Day 4: Management and control of symptoms
- Day 5: Ethics and caring for people in the last days of life
Format: Five-day course
Suitable for non-registered health and social care staff
- Standalone days: £75 per day
- Five-day complete course: £350
The course cost includes refreshments; please bring your own lunch.
- Day 1: 23rd April 2019
- Day 2: 7th May 2019
- Day 3: 21st May 2019
- Day 4: 4th June 2019
- Day 5: 18th June 2019
All sessions take place 9.30am – 4.30pm.
Venue: Ann Robertson Centre, 55 London Road, Canterbury, Kent CT2 8HQ
A £20 fee will be charged for delegates who cancel with less than 24 hours notice.