This February solicitor firms across east Kent will be kindly donating their time and expertise for free to write Wills in return for a donation to Pilgrims Hospices.
Our Make a Will Month gives people the opportunity to make their Will in a COVID secure way, whilst supporting the hospices and ensuring we can continue to provide care to our local community throughout east Kent during these difficult months.
Solicitor firms from across east Kent will be kindly donating their time and expertise completely free of charge, to write Wills in return for a donation to Pilgrims Hospices. Suggested donations are £150 for a straightforward single Will, or £250 for an uncomplicated double Will. You're also welcome to donate more.
An additional charge will be agreed for a more complex Will*.
Solicitor firms are now taking bookings for February so contact them directly on the numbers below to secure your appointment:
|Birchington||Boys and Maughan||FULL|
|Broadstairs||Boys and Maughan||FULL|
|Robinson Allfree||01843 865261|
|Canterbury||Boys and Maughan||FULL|
|Direction Law||01227 764141|
|Herne Bay||Girlings Solicitors||FULL|
|Margate||Boys and Maughan||01843 234000|
|Ramsgate||Boys and Maughan||FULL|
|Robinson Allfree||01843 592361|
*Description of a complex Will
Whether a standard uncomplicated Will is suitable for you depends on your circumstances and needs. More complex Wills, often involving trusts, may be needed:
- If you have children from previous relationships, you may wish to ensure your partner / spouse is looked after but also to ensure your children receive their inheritance.
- If you have property abroad, UK Wills may not be enough on their own to deal with assets in foreign jurisdictions and you may need Wills in those countries to cover them.
- If you want to protect the inheritance of a beneficiary who is in receipt of benefits.
- If you are leaving out someone who has a right to apply to court to become a beneficiary (for example: former spouses who have not remarried, children or people you treat as your child, cohabitees, or others financially dependent upon you).
- If your assets are valued over £475,000 for individuals or £950,000 for couples you may have an Inheritance Tax liability to consider.
The above is not an exhaustive list. Participating firms will discuss your circumstances and needs with you and agree any additional fees with you before proceeding.