Absolutely anyone and everyone! Santas on the Run! is about bringing family and friends together in the run up to Christmas; you can jog, walk or skip your way around the route. We also welcome wheelchairs, buggies and sleighs to join the fun run so that the whole family can enjoy the day together, all we ask is that you head to the back of the crowds to ensure the safety of all the participants.
All under 18 year olds must be accompanied by an adult and have a signed parental consent form.
This year, for the first year, Santas on the Run! is taking place in three seaside towns on three consecutive weekends. This means you can take part in one, two or challenge yourself to all three and join our Santas on the Run! Tri-Series.
Santas on the Run! will be taking place in and on:
- Santas on the Bay! in Herne Bay on Sunday 1 December - Central Bandstand, CT6 5JN
- Santas on the Harbour! in Folkestone on Sunday 8 December - Harbour Arm, CT20 1QQ
- Santas on the Seashore! in Margate on Sunday 15 December - Fort Crescent, CT9 1HX
Registration will open at 9:30am at all fun runs; please do not arrive before this time.
Santas suits cannot be guaranteed for one the day entries.
Family tickets inc. 2 adults and 2 children under 18.
Early bird entry (closes 03/11)
- Adults - £12 Under 18 - £8 Family - £35
- Adults - £30 Under 18 - £18 Family - £90
- Adults - £16 Under 18 - £10 Family - £45
- Adults - £42 Under 18 - £24 Family - £105
On the day
- Adults - £20 Under 18 - £10 No family ticket available
- Adults - £54 Under 18 - £24 Only available at Herne Bay and no family ticket available
Each person that signs up gets a 5-piece Santa suit included in their entry fee. The Santa suit includes: a jacket, trousers, beard, hat and belt!
If you've signed up to the tri-series, you will get a fresh Santa suit for each run. However, if your suit is still in condition after the run, please do reuse your suit to help our event be more environmentally friendly.
We will be holding Santa suit collection dates in advance of each of our festive fun runs. Please find below the details for each collection date and corresponding fun run:
- Santas on the Bay! in Herne Bay on Sunday 1 December - Tuesday 26 November between 16:00 - 18:00 at Pilgrims Hospices, 56 London Road, Canterbury CT2 8JA
- Santas on the Run! Tri-Series - Tuesday 26 November between 16:00 - 18:00 at Pilgrims Hospices, 56 London Road, Canterbury CT2 8JA (Collect all 3 of your suits)
- Santas on the Harbour! in Folkestone on Sunday 8 December - Tuesday 3 December between 16:00 - 18:00 at Pilgrims Hospices, Hythe Road, Willesborough, Ashford TN24 0NE
- Santas on the Seashore! in Margate on Sunday 15 December - Tuesday 10 December between 16:00 - 18:00 at Pilgrims Hospices, Ramsgate Road, Margate CT9 4AD
Where possible, we politely ask that you collect your Santa suit from the corresponding hospice. If you can't attend a collection evening, you can collect your Santa suit at registration on the day!
This year we're excited to bring our popular Santas on the Run! to three locations in east Kent; Herne Bay, Folkestone and Margate. We've organised our festive fun runs to take place on three consecutive weekends so that you can enter all three, making up the tri-series!
By taking part in the tri-series you will get a fresh Santa suit for each fun run, 3 Santa on the Run! medals, 3 different seaside fun runs, 3 mince pies and a Christmas card to collect your Santas on the Run! stamps at each event to receive your special tri-series present medal.
Take on our Christmas challenge!
A portion of your entry fee goes towards running the event and making sure that you have an enjoyable and safe experience. We’d love you to raise sponsorship for your challenge but its not essential. If you'd rather not ask your friends and family to sponsor you, we hope you might consider making a personal donation towards the care we provide. This can be done during the online registration process or at any time on our website, at our hospices in Ashford, Canterbury or Margate, or on the day of the event.
It costs Pilgrims Hospices £14 million a year to provide skilled and compassionate care to our community, and events like Santas on the Run! help us to continue caring for local people as they near end of life. Please download a sponsorship form, or join our fundraising campaign page on JustGiving if you'd like to raise sponsorship with your festive fun run!
This Christmas your fundraising could pay for:
- £1 could pay for a patient to enjoy a mince pie and custard in the run up to Christmas
- £10 could pay for a patients Christmas dinner
- £20 could pay for a physio therapy session to help patients stay active and enjoy festive games with their family on Christmas day
- £50 could pay for a Christmas tree to decorate our hospice family rooms
- £100 could pay for a therapy session for a child coping with the loss of a loved one over the festive season
Don’t forget to encourage your sponsors to tick the Gift Aid box if they’re eligible to do so; for every £1 donated we’ll be able to claim an extra 25p from the Government at no cost to you or your sponsors. It makes a huge difference.
All 3 of our festive fun runs will have the same timing schedules:
- Registration will open at 9:30am. All Santas who have signed up in advance will need to sign in on the day with our registration volunteers so that we know you're on the event. You will collect your Santa suit at registration if you haven't done so already. Please do not arrive before this time as our Santas won't have finished setting up.
- If you haven't registered in advance you will need to head to 'on the day' registration to sign up with our volunteer elves. Santa suits cannot be guaranteed for on the day entries.
- All registration desks will close at 10:40am to enable everyone to take part in the warm-up.
- The warm-up will begin at 10:45am.
- Your fun run will begin at 11:00am
Our three festive fun runs will be generously supported by members of our local community who will be volunteering their time to marshal the route. They will be on hand to guide you and cheer you along the route.
When out on route please keep an eye out for signs to direct you to turn off for the 3k route or to continue for the 5k route.
You can also view route maps on our website or from your smart phone with the new Pilgrims Hospices Event App closer to the event, available for on the App Store for Apple devices and Google Play for Android.
All of our routes will be fully marshalled and we will have a medical support team in attendance on the day. If you have a problem whilst out on route please either:
- Tell your nearest marshal who will contact the organiser of the event who will send out our medical support team to you.
- If there's a medical emergency please call 999, before notifying your nearest marshal.
If you have any health concerns please consult your GP before taking part. It's recommended that you're able to ride at least 75% of the course distance comfortably beforehand. The emergency services are aware that the event is taking place.
Each of our festive fun runs will have water stations at the start area, half way round the 5km route. You will also find a water station and mince pies at the finish line.
We ask that you bring a refillable water bottle with you on the day as this will reduce the amount of plastic being used, thank you.
Unfortunately, dogs won't be able to join you at Santas on the Run! This is as we can't cater for them along the fun run and it can be difficult to manage dogs on the route, especially during busier or more crowded sections of the route. However, we do think dogs make for great training companions!
Santas on the Run! is all about bringing family and friends together to celebrate the festive season, we would therefore love for your friends and family to come along to support you and cheer you across the finish line.
Children of any age can take part in Santas on the Run! but we do ask that those under the age of 18 are accompanied by an adult at all time whilst out on route.
You can download a parental consent form below for your fun run.
Santas on the Bay! in Herne Bay - Parental consent form
Santas on the Harbour! in Folkestone - Parental consent form
Santas on the Seashore! in Margate - Parental consent form
Parental consent forms will also be available at registration desks on the day.
Getting to Santas on the Bay! in Herne Bay
Santas on the Bay! is taking place in a central location of Herne Bay so that it is accessible to all. There is street parking located close to the event venue as well as pay and display car parks. Please be aware that there will be a road closure on Central Parade for the duration of the event, therefore parking on this road will be limited. If you are travelling via public transport, there are multiple bus stops along Herne Bay High Street which is a 5 minute walk from the venue. Alternatively, Herne Bay train station is a 25 minute walk from the venue.
Car park examples:
- Beach Street car park - Beach Street, CT6 5PL
- Market Street car park - Market Street, CT6 5PP
Getting to Santas on the Harbour! in Folkestone
Santas on the Harbour! is taking place in a central location of Folkestone on the Harbour so that it is accessible to all. There is street parking located close to the event as a range of pay and display car parks. If you are travelling via public transport, there are multiple bus stops within Folkestone centre which are a short walk from our venue. Alternatively, Folkestone Central train station is a 25 minute walk from the venue.
Car park examples:
- Harbour Arm car park - Harbour Approach Rd, CT20 1QH
- Tram Road car park - Tram Road, CT20 1QN
Getting to Santa on the Seashore! in Margate
Santas on the Seashore! is taking place in a central location of Fort Crescent, Margate so that it is accessible to all. There is street parking located close to the event venue as well as a range of pay and display car parks. If you're travelling via public transport, there are multiple bus stops a short walk from our venue. Alternatively, Margate train station is a 20 minute walk from the venue.
Car park examples:
- Trinity Square car park - Trinity Square, CT9 1HR
Please collect and send in your sponsorship by 01 February 2020 so we can announce the grand total raised by Santas on the Run! and thank you for all of your fundraising efforts.
You can either hand in your sponsorship at your nearest Pilgrims hospice or send sponsorship to:
- Supporter Relations, Pilgrims Hospices, 56 London Road, Canterbury, Kent CT2 8JA.