Why Work for Us
Are you looking for an exciting role in the charity sector?
Do you want to develop your knowledge and skills in a dynamic fundraising environment and be part of a pro-active professional team?
Do you have a passion for working collaboratively in an environment thriving on positive change?
Do you want to experience a sense of achievement by knowing that every day you contribute to the provision of person-centred care?
If so, then the role of Fundraising Administrator at Pilgrims may be just the job for you!
We are seeking well-motivated and forward-thinking professionals to join our team, in supporting the development and growth of our hospices across east Kent.
As a member of the fundraising team, the successful candidate will be involved in corporate day-to-day activities supporting the quality, growth and success of a much valued charity:
Key duties include:
- To provide key support in the planning and administration of key in-memory and stewardship events and fundraising campaigns, including being available on key dates to co-ordinate events on the day.
- Support on all aspects of campaign delivery on a range of fundraising appeals, ensuring all work is delivered to a high standard, on time and in budget.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications team to maximise online and offline publicity.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with external suppliers, in order to get the best results and value for money for Pilgrims Hospices.
- Work closely with colleagues to identify and maximise opportunities for cross-promotion and development of annual plans.
- Ensure supporter database is kept up to date, including accurate data capture.
- To travel to and work across all three hospice sites in Canterbury, Thanet and Ashford where appropriate.
The above job description is not an exhaustive list of all the duties of the post holder. It will be reviewed in conjunction with the post holder.
Recognising the need to support employees in working within this particular field, we provide an extensive range of support measures to ensure your success, including:
- A supportive and friendly working environment
- Regular quality interactions with our clinical and non-clinical teams
- Strong working relations with other members of the multi-disciplinary teams
- On-going training and CPD/career development
- Access to a range of resources to ensure our staff have access to help and support where and when they need it; and
- Regular self-care and development sessions
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end-of-life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
As an Employer of Choice, our commitment to supporting our employees and volunteers is a key priority.
Our Health and Wellbeing Strategy is an important step in ensuring the sustainability of our workforce, and clearly outlines our strategic intentions to improve employee capability, resilience, and engagement, to adapt to and embrace change as the health sector continues to develop.
Our hospices offer:
- Modern, friendly and highly professional working environments
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
- A good work-life balance
- Locations across well-populated areas of east Kent – all providing very good road and rail links
- NHS and financial discounts i.e. Blue Light Card
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Free hospice parking
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice.
If you think this is your ideal role and want to join us, please apply now. If you have any questions about the job role, please contact Ellie on 01227 782066 for more information.