An exciting opportunity has arisen for three new colleagues to join our clinical administration team in the role of Patient Administration Coordinator, based at Pilgrims Hospices in Thanet.
Working in conjunction with the Team Leader, you will provide high level, site based administration support to a multi-disciplinary clinical team, maintaining efficient systems and processes relating to patient care across our inpatient units and community.
Your main responsibilities will include:
Liaising and be a first point of call for patients, carers and volunteers who contact the Hospice;
Supporting the inpatient wards to ensure that are appropriately resourced at all times.
Ensuring accurate entry of information onto the patient database and timely production of administration for on -site meetings
Working flexibly to ensure that all queries and administrative requirements are dealt with quickly, efficiently and when necessary, sympathetically.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you should:
- Have significant relevant experience in an administrative role ideally within a healthcare or charitable organisation.
- Be fully IT literate, particularly in the use of databases and Microsoft Office applications.
- Be organised and able to demonstrate high standards of verbal and written communication and have the ability to project empathy as require and at times deal with matters of a sensitive and at times distressing nature’
- Be able to work effectively with minimum supervision, supportively in a team environment and at times under pressure
For a more extensive list of responsibilities, please refer to the Job Description.
We are offering:
2 x full-time positions (35 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
1 x part-time position (21 hours per week, Monday to Wednesday)
based at Pilgrims Hospices Thanet.
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our hospices offer:
- 26 days annual leave, plus all public holidays (pro-rata if part time).
- Free onsite parking
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card Membership Scheme
- Standard Life Workplace Pension. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme
- Subsidised meals, currently £1.65 – £ 2 per meal
- Access to Dover Counselling Services
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside passionate people
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our organisational and charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our organisational behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
How to apply:
If you wish to join our passionate team at Pilgrims Hospices and apply, please complete the attached application form.
Please state clearly on your application if you are interested in a full-time or part-time position.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: Wednesday 27th December 2023
Interviews are expected to take place on: Thursday 4th and Friday 5th January 2024 at Pilgrims Hospices – Thanet