Philip has previously held senior management posts, including Assistant Director of Social Services and Head of Social Work Department at St Thomas’ Hospital, and has acted as a management consultant both independently and in conjunction with a team in PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Philip’s key skills and expertise include:
- having an analytical approach to the development of strategy and to the challenges of delivering operational management;
- possessing the ability to work constructively with colleagues and within a team environment;
- a sound understanding of financial issues;
- familiarity with regulatory regimes and governance issues; and
- extensive experience of HR issues, including staff development.
In addition, Philip is currently a treasurer for a local church and serves as a member of a regional committee of Kent healthcare provider, Benenden.