UK 3 Peaks Challenge – August 2022
Friday 19 August 2022 - Sunday 21 August 2022
Summit the 3 highest mountains in England, Scotland and Wales.
From the rugged beauty of Glen Nevis Valley to the forests and estuaries of the stunning Snowdonia National Park, join us for one almighty trekking challenge as you take on the UK’s giants on this classic 3 Peaks Challenge!
You’ll experience striking mountain ranges and discover stunning scenery as you watch the sunset over Mickledore and climb Scafell Pike at night. The 3 peaks challenge includes Ben Nevis (1,344m), Scafell Pike (978m) and Mount Snowdon (1,085m) and you’ll be aiming to summit all three in a total trekking time of 15 hours or less, over the course of 2 days.
During your challenge you’ll climb around 3,050 meters and walk approx. 40km in aid of local hospice care, so grit and determination are essential to completing this fast-paced challenge. It’s no wonder this challenge is the most highly regarded trekking challenge in the UK!
- All transfers between peaks. You’ll be collected via private bus from Glasgow Central Station/Glasgow International Airport to begin your challenge, transferred between Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Mount Snowdon, and dropped off in Chester once your trek is completed.
- One of your meals each day. You’ll receive dinner when you arrive in Fort William on day 1, breakfast at your accommodation in Fort William on day 2 and breakfast in Llanberis on day 3 ahead of your final day trekking.
- Energy bars, fruit, hot drinks and drinking water at the foot of each mountain.
- Specialised guides for each mountain from the local area
- A fully supportive Challenge Events Crew from Global Adventure.
- Comprehensive first aid and medical support.
UK 3 Peaks Brochure (inc. itinerary)
Suitable for people of all abilities who want to take on a new challenge in a short amount of time, you’ll just need to put in a bit of training! Very good physical condition and fitness is needed, though no technical skill required.
What extra costs are there?
The following are not included in the tour price:
- Travel insurance that covers mountain climbing
- Personal expenses
- Personal trekking kit
- Travel to Glasgow and returning home from Chester
- Lunch & evening meals on day 2 and 3
- Tips and gratuities
With 80% of our funding coming through voluntary contributions from our local community, the difference your support makes cannot be overstated.
There are two methods for getting involved with our classic trekking adventure:
- Secure your place on the trek with a non-refundable registration fee of £95
- Plus a pledge to raise at least £810 sponsorship in support of Pilgrims Hospices.
Your sponsorship will cover the costs of your trip and raise £405 for hospice care; this could pay for all the medicine used in one of our three inpatient units for 4 days.
- Secure your place with a non-refundable registration fee of 95
- Plus fund the challenge for £405 and fundraise as much as you can for local hospice care.
Every £25 that you raise will pay for an hour of specialist nursing care to an individual in east Kent living with an incurable illness.
What are the next steps?
Once you’ve decided that you are up for the challenge of tackling the 3 peaks and you’ve selected your fundraising option, the next steps are very simple.
- Complete and submit the online booking form.
- Once your application has been received by our partners, Global Adventure Challenges, they will ask you to secure your place on the trip with the £95 registration fee.
- Pilgrims Hospices will then be in touch to welcome you to #TeamPilgrims and the countdown to your trek will begin!
Contact name: Lydia Todd
Phone: 01227 812 609