Our priority at Pilgrims is to ensure to promote good physical, mental and psychological health and wellbeing for our staff and volunteers, ensuring the right support is available where needed.
We recognise that our workforce is a valuable asset and is integral to the delivery of our Vision and Mission. To deliver our organisational and charitable aims, Pilgrims and its workforce have a shared responsibility to create a highly-skilled, engaged and healthy workforce. We provide an environment where employees and volunteers feel motivated to be able to consistently perform their roles to a high standard, and actively role model our organisational CODE, behaviours and values.
For more information on how Pilgrims seek to meet the expectations of a compassionate, open, dynamic and empowered organisation, which strives not just to embody but to lead the development of best practice within HR, please refer to our Health and Wellbeing Strategy.
Charter for Employers Positive about Mental Health
As an employer, we recognise that in the UK, people experiencing mental ill health continue to report stigma and discrimination at work.
Having signed the Charter for Employers Positive about Mental Health, we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture, where colleagues feel able to talk about mental health confidently, and we aspire to appropriately support the mental wellbeing of all staff.
We have made an ongoing commitment to:
- Provide non-judgemental and proactive support to staff experiencing mental ill health
- Not make assumptions about a person with a mental health condition and their ability to work
- Be positive and enabling towards all employees and job applicants with a mental health condition
- Support line managers in managing mental health in the workplace
- Ensure we are fair in the recruitment of new staff in accordance with the Equality Act (2010)
- Make it clear that people who have experienced mental ill health will not be discriminated against, and that disclosure of a mental health problem will enable both the employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment
Find out more at mindfulemployer.dpt.nhs.uk.