Ben Nevis trek – September 2018
Friday 28 September 2018 - Sunday 30 September 2018
Touch the clouds as you trek Britain’s highest peak 28-30 September 2018.
What’s on offer?
Standing vigil high above the town of Fort William in the Scottish Highlands, Ben Nevis awaits those prepared to pursue its ancient pinnacle in aid of Pilgrims. Its skyward slopes zigzag high into the clouds, revealing spectacular panoramic views towards the Scottish coastline far below. At 1,344 metres (4,409 ft) above sea level, Ben Nevis is the highest mountain in the entire British Isles and the experience of reaching its summit is a must for any bucket list.
It was the most amazing feeling in the world and 21 years on I have never forgotten that feeling. The camaraderie, bonding, laughs, support and care that we all experienced on that climb was out of this world and it completely changed my view of human nature and life.
Karen, Ben Nevis trekker and Pilgrims supporter
Whether you’re a seasoned hiker or just looking for your next big challenge, the sense of achievement will be the same. Knowing you’ve raised vital funds to support people across east Kent who are living with life limiting illness will leave you smiling all the way down to your dinner!
Download the full challenge brochure.
- Transfers to and from Glasgow Central train station / Glasgow International Airport
- Accommodation on Day 1 and Day 2 of the challenge
- All meals from the evening of Day 1 through to breakfast on Day 3
- Qualified challenge leaders
- Back up and support vehicles
- Medical support.
- Day 1: You’ll arrive at Glasgow Central train station / Glasgow International Airport and meet up with the other members of your group for a three hour transfer to Fort William. There, you’ll enjoy a hearty evening meal and briefing before hitting the hay.
- Day 2: Trek day! You’ll head out for the summit of Ben Nevis (1,344m) and back down again; a total distance of approx. 10 miles.
- Day 3: After a well deserved night’s sleep, you’ll transfer from Fort William back to Glasgow for your onward journey home.
What do I need to do?
Think you’ve got what it takes to tackle big, bad Ben in aid of Pilgrims Hospices?
You’ll need a deposit of just £95 to secure your place on this breathtaking adventure. How you fund the rest is up to you!
- Option A Deposit £95 + minimum sponsorship £550
- Option B Deposit £95 + self-funding £275 (no minimum sponsorship).
Contact name: Robert Grew
Phone: 01227 812 609