Hadrian’s Wall Trek – September
Friday 16 September 2022 - Sunday 18 September 2022
Step back in time as you trek Hadrian Wall for Pilgrims Hospices
Follow in the footsteps of the Roman legions on this fantastic weekend trekking challenge as you hike from Lanercost Priory to Brocolitia. You’ll trek 25 miles along the most remarkable Roman monument in the country, Hadrian’s Wall.
The route encompasses breathtaking views with the picturesque Northumberland countryside providing stunning backdrops from start to finish. You’ll experience history every step of the way as you discover fascinating ruins of ancient forts and settlements built over 2,000 years ago. Join #TeamPilgrims and conquer the wall on this classic trekking challenge.
Challenge yourself and trek 25 miles along Hadrian’s Wall – one wall, one weekend and one epic challenge!
- Meals starting from dinner on day 1 through to lunch on day 3
- Tented accommodation & camping fees on day 1 and day 2
- Transfers between necessary locations
- Qualified Global Adventure Challenges Event Crew and Mountain Leaders
- Support vehicles
Hadrian’s Wall Trek Brochure (inc. itinerary)
Suitable for people of all abilities who want to take on a new challenge in a short amount of time, you’ll just need to put in a bit of training! Very good physical condition and fitness is needed, though no technical skill required.
What extra costs are there?
The following are not included in the tour price:
- Personal Travel Insurance – this can be obtained through Global Adventure Challenges
- Sleeping bag and mattress
- Tips and gratuities
With 80% of our funding coming through voluntary contributions from our local community, the difference your support makes cannot be overstated.
There are two methods for getting involved with our classic trekking adventure:
- Secure your place on the trek with a non-refundable registration fee of £75
- Plus a pledge to raise at least £550 sponsorship in support of Pilgrims Hospices.
Your sponsorship will cover the costs of your trip and raise £275 for hospice care; this could pay for all the medicine used in one of our three inpatient units for 3 days.
- Secure your place with a non-refundable registration fee of £75
- Plus fund the challenge for £275 and fundraise as much as you can for local hospice care.
Every £25 that you raise will pay for an hour of specialist nursing care to an individual in east Kent living with an incurable illness.
What are the next steps?
Once you’ve decided that you are up for the challenge of tackling the Hadrian’s Wall Trek and you’ve selected your fundraising option, the next steps are very simple.
- Complete and submit the online booking form.
- Once your application has been received by our partners, Global Adventure Challenges, they will ask you to secure your place on the trip with the £75 registration fee.
- Pilgrims Hospices will then be in touch to welcome you to #TeamPilgrims and the countdown to your trek will begin!
Hadrian's Wall, Northumberland
Postcode: CA8 2HQ
Contact name: Lydia Todd
Phone: 01227 812 609