Walk the Thames Bridges Trek for Pilgrims Hospices
16 bridges – 25km challenge
Challenge yourself to trek across the Capital on the 14th September 2024, taking in unrivalled views of the skyline and historic landmarks. Setting out from Putney Bridge, you’ll head east towards the City of London as you zig-zag over the historic bridges of London. You’ll pass through Wandsworth, Battersea, Vauxhall, Westminster and Waterloo before crossing the majestic Tower Bridge, where you’ll join the party-style finish line celebration.
You’ll be supported all the way and rewarded with an amazing sense of achievement as you cross the finish line.
Choosing to fundraise for Pilgrims Hospices with your trek along the Thames Bridges, will support us in continuing to care for over 2,500 people each year who are facing an incurable illness across east Kent.
- Covered rest stops, with food and drink
- Signed route & tracking, with Trek Masters leading groups
- Medics, podiatrists & massage areas, including a self-help area to treat your own feet
- Emergency Medical Teams
- Finishers medal, t-shirt and a glass of fizz as you cross the finish line
- Shuttle buses and transfers to local train stations
With 80% of our hospice funding coming through voluntary donations from our local community, the difference your support makes cannot be overstated. Every £25 that you raise could pay for another hour of specialist nursing care in one of our inpatient units.
Tthere are three ways to fund your entry:
- Self-funding – you pay the full cost of the event place with no minimum fundraising commitment – just raise as much as you can!
- Charity sponsorship – you pay a reduced registration fee, and providing you reach the fundraising goal, Pilgrims will cover the cost of your event place
- Mixed funding – you pay half of the event place cost yourself, and providing you reach the fundraising goal, Pilgrims will pay the balance of the event place cost
Please note: when taking part in Ultra Challenge events, you are asked to pledge to raise a sponsorship target when registering for ‘charity sponsorship’ and ‘mixed funding’ options.
For full details of prices and to sign up: www.ultrachallenge.com/thames-bridges-trek
The Ultra Challenge Series
The Ultra Challenge series offers 14 inspiring endurance events that you can walk, jog or run to raise vital funds for Pilgrims. Whether it’s a 25km walk, a testing 50km jog or a 100km marathon, there’s something for all fitness levels and ages.
Ultra Challenge events are all-inclusive with an extremely high level of hospitality. They include regular rest stops with drinks and snacks, fully signed routes (so you won’t get lost) and hot meals to keep you going.
Passing by stunning scenery, meeting new friends and discovering hidden resilience and spirit, few can describe their elation at crossing the finish line.