Be part of the Ultra Challenge Series!
Thames Path Challenge
Take on the Thames Path Challenge following England’s greatest river, and a route steeped in history. Most will walk, many will jog, some will run: all will have a special reason to push themselves. You’ll be fully supported all the way and rewarded with an amazing sense of achievement. Will you do it for Pilgrims?
Whether you’re a walker and new to the challenge events, an experience trekker, a marathon enthusiast upping their distance, or a seasoned ultra runner – there’s a distance for you! The full 100km route will start a Putney Bridge, heading upstream all the way to Henley along the famous Thames Towpath. You’ll pass Richmond, Hampton Court, Runnymede, and Windsor, with some wonderful historic scenery en-route to your riverside finish line.
If the 50km route suits you better, you can choose to complete the first half, trekking from Putney to Runnymede, or the second half where you’ll join the hike at Runnymede and finish Henley. Alternatively, sign up to one of the four 25km routes available and pick your favourite quarter to trek.
By walking, jogging or running the Thames Path Challenge this September, you’ll truly be making a difference to the lives of our patients, both in their homes and in our three inpatient units in Canterbury, Thanet and Ashford.
- Covered rest stops, with food and drink, every 12.5km with ‘major’ ones every 25km
- Signed route & tracking, with Trek Masters leading groups
- Medics, podiatrists & massage areas, including a self-help area to treat your own feet
- Emergency Medical Teams
- Finishers medal, t-shirt and a glass of fizz as you cross the finish line
- Shuttle buses and transfers to local train stations
With 80% of our funding coming through voluntary contributions from our local community, the difference your support makes cannot be overstated. Every £25 that you raise could pay for one hour of specialist nursing care in one of our inpatient units.
- Full Challenge – you pay a small registration fee of £30 and raise at least £595
- Half Challenge – you pay a small registration fee of £20 and raise at least £395
- Quarter Challenge – you pay a small registration fee of £10 and raise at least £250
- Full Challenge – you pay a registration fee of £110 and raise at least £330
- Half Challenge – you pay a registration fee of £72.50 and raise at least £218
- Quarter Challenge – you pay a registration fee of £45 and raise at least £135
- Full Challenge – you pay a registration fee of £198 and raise as much as you can
- Half Challenge – you pay a registration fee of £129 and raise as much as you can
- Quarter Challenge – you pay a registration fee of £79 and raise as much as you can
The Ultra Challenge Series
The Ultra Challenge series offers inspiring endurance events that you can walk, jog or run to raise vital funds for Pilgrims Hospices. Whether it’s a 25km walk, a testing 50km jog or a 100km marathon, there’s something for all abilities. These challenges are perfect for people of any fitness level, with softer options for beginners and ‘ultra’ options for those really going for it – along with all those in between!
Ultra Challenge events are all-inclusive with an extremely high level of hospitality. They include regular rest stops approximately every 12.5km, with drinks and snacks, a fully signed route (so you won’t get lost) and hot meals to keep you going.
Passing by stunning scenery, meeting new friends and discovering hidden resilience and spirit, few can describe their elation at crossing the finish line.