Take a walk on the wild side for Pilgrims Hospices with our adrenaline-fuelled Wing-Walking challenge.
Experience a true sense of freedom as you take to the skies in aid of Pilgrims Hospices. Soar through the air at speeds of up to 120mph strapped to the wing of a Boeing Stearman biplane! You’ll take in breath-taking views of the east Kent countryside from a unique bird’s eye perspective, all while raising vital funds for local hospice care.
- Sunday 16 July 2023 – limited places available
- Sunday 10 September 2023 – limited places available
The wing walk was a great, fun experience! To sum it up I would say, that if you have ever dreamt that you could fly, sign up to a wing walk for Pilgrims as it’s the closest you’ll get!
Wing walker, 2020
What do I need to do?
Taking on a wing walk for Pilgrims is as simple as applying via our online form. Then, we’ll get in touch to confirm availability and arrange payment of your £40 deposit to secure your spot. If you raise our £650 minimum sponsorship target, your wing walk will be free!
Deposits are non-refundable but will count towards your sponsorship target.
Can anyone take part?
Yes, anyone over 18 years old can do a wing walk. Experience isn’t necessary. You’ll receive all the training you need on the day and will have the opportunity to tailor your flight with the pilot to either achieve the maximum adrenaline experience for you or a more relaxed flight.
For safety reasons, a few restrictions do apply:
- If you’re aged between 66 – 75 years of age, a GP’s declaration of good health for your age is required.
- Those with existing health conditions, and anyone over 40 years old, must sign a declaration of fitness in order to participate.
- There is an upper weight limit of 85kgs (13st 4lb). You may be weighed during registration.
You can learn more about what to expect on the day and the wing walking criteria by visiting The Wing Walking Company’s website.