Do you have experience in retail sales, have a passion for vintage and retro fashion and would like to work with a friendly team to make money for a worthwhile cause?
Pilgrims Hospices is looking for a Retail Supervisor to join the team in our Tenterden store, helping to motivate staff and volunteers; support the day-to-day running of the shop; and provide a courteous and helpful service to the public.
As the Retail Supervisor you will work as part of a team to ensure our retail shop is a successful source of income generation whilst maintaining a good rapport with the local community. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for the effective operation of Pilgrims Hospices’ Tenterden store
- Supporting the Retail Manager with the day-to-day running of the shop
- Carrying out shop administration
- Maintaining effective stock management and merchandising
- Actively contributing to service development
- Being involved in the supervision and education of retail shop colleagues and volunteers
The post holder must ensure that services are provided to a high standard. For a more extensive list of responsibilities, please refer to the Job Description document.
This is a part-time role (14 hrs per week) and is based at Pilgrims Hospices’ Tenterden Store. Working days will be between Monday and Sunday, with a regular shift pattern allocated, although you should be flexible.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Extensive experience working in a retail environment
- Strong merchandising skills with an understanding of what the customer wants
- Previous management / supervisory experience
- GCSE or equivalent in Math’s and English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, personable and able to relate to volunteers
- The motivation to bring a team together
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our workplaces offer:
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside people passionate about what we do
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- A workplace pension scheme. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme
- A good work-life balance and realistic working hours
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card scheme
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
How to apply
To learn more about this role, please download the full job description document as attached.
If you are interested in applying for the role and wish to join our passionate team, please complete the attached application form.
As part of our commitment to be an inclusive employer, ensuring fairness and consistency in selecting the best candidate for this role, identifying details will not be considered during our selection process.