Would you like to be part of Pilgrims Hospices’ amazing Retail volunteer team?
We’re seeking volunteers at our Cheriton shop to help us sort stock, dress windows, serve customers and so much more.
Evidence suggests that volunteering has a positive impact on your health and wellbeing.
There are so many benefits that come with volunteering in our shops:
- A chance to meet new people, try something new and learn a new skill or gain experience
- Being part of your local community, and becoming part of a team
- Increased confidence and self-esteem, giving you a purpose and/or routine
- Improved employment prospects by getting training in a key industry skill
- Using your skills to benefit others
- Free tea and biscuits!
Our shop volunteers undertake a range of tasks, including:
- Sorting through donations
- Steaming clothes
- Serving customers on the shop floor and at the tills
- Merchandising of the stock in the shop
- Visual merchandising
- PAT testing donated electrical goods
- Ensuring the shop floor and back area are kept clean and tidy
- Promoting the work of Pilgrims Hospices within the local community
We’d love you to join our loyal and enthusiastic volunteer team who help to run our shops across east Kent.
You’ll meet new people, make friends and know you are truly helping to make a difference to those who need Pilgrims’ care in the local community.
The shop manager will provide you with support and training in your role.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Find out more
For further information about this opportunity, please contact Mirela Virban, Shop Manager, or Elisabeth Downer, Shop Supervisor, on 07816 118 920.
How to apply for a volunteer role
To apply for a volunteer role at any of our shops, please download and complete an application form and return it to the volunteer administration team at your local hospice, or drop it into the shop in person.
We aim to reply to all volunteer queries within 48 hours.