Cycle from the Eiffel Tower to Canterbury in 48 hours!
The ongoing health crisis is at the forefront of many of our minds and, here at Pilgrims Hospices, we’ve been monitoring the guidance from authorities to inform how best we can do our part to protect our patients, staff, volunteers and, of course, the wider community that we serve.
Following the announcement made by government (16th March), advising the population to avoid all non-essential travel and contact, we have made the decision to cancel Paris to Canterbury 48 2020. We are incredibly excited to bring this brand new challenge to you in September 2021, giving you plenty of time to get training! You can still register your interest for Paris to Canterbury 48 here to keep up to date with all of the latest information for this challenge.
From the Eiffel Tower to the magnificent Notre-Dame of Amiens, and onwards to the historic city of Canterbury, Pilgrims proudly presents this unique 48-hour cycling challenge. With full event support, 3* accommodation and transfers, we take care of it all leaving you to focus on the ride ahead. Test your legs across 215 miles of beautiful French and English countryside before reaching the finish line to the cheers of friends and family.
Complete the short interest form below to be the first to hear latest event information and when entries open.
Day One: Paris to Amiens (approx 90 miles) – View route map
Please note that routes are under review and subject to change by the organisers.
- Two nights of 3* accommodation
- All transfers inc. Eurostar from Ashford International to Paris
- Refreshments whilst out cycling
- Qualified mechanic
- A fully supportive Pilgrims Challenge Events Crew
- Comprehensive first aid and medical support
- An official Pilgrims Hospices cycling jersey
What extra costs are there?
The following are not included in the price:
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Personal cycling kit
- Evening Meals
There are two methods for getting involved with unqiue cycling challenge:
Sponsorship option: secure your place on the challenge with a registration fee of £99 and pledge to raise at least £1,200 sponsorship in support of Pilgrims Hospices.
Self-funding option: you can fund the trip yourself with a registration fee of £99 plus self-funding of £299 and a pledge to raise at least £650 for local hospice care in your community.
What are the next steps?
Once you’ve decided that you are up for the challenge of tackling Paris to Canterbury 48 and you’ve selected your fundraising option, the next steps are very simple.
- Register your interest via our form
- A member of the Pilgrims Hospices Challenge Events Team will be in touch to discuss the event with you in more details
- Once registration is open for Paris to Canterbury 48, the Pilgrims team will be in touch
- You will then be asked to secure your place on the challenge with the £99 registration fee
- The countdown to your challenge begins