'Tis the season for the jolliest jog of the year!
Come and celebrate the countdown to Christmas at Santas on the Run!, Pilgrims Hospices' festive family fun run taking place on Sunday 10 December 2023.
Choose from a 3k, 5k, or (NEW) 10k challenge and dash your way along Herne Bay's scenic seafront with hundreds of fellow Santas in aid of a good Claus.
You’ll enjoy festive music to get you into the ho, ho holiday spirit as you prepare for your seafront Santa run. Then, you'll be cheered on and jingled all the way by our Christmas cheer stations!
Santas on the Run! is an event for everyone. So, gather your friends, family, colleagues, or neighbours and step into Christmas with Kent’s biggest Santa run!
You can choose from a 3k, 5k or NEW 10k route starting at:
Check-in will open at 9.30am and the fun run will begin at 11am.
Everyone who registers for Santas on the Run! in advance will receive a 5-piece Santa suit, including jacket, trousers, hat, belt, and beard. Santa suits for on-the-day entries are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed.
Note: Under 3s go free no matter when you sign up.
Early bird entry (closes 22/10/23)
- Adults: £12
- Under 18s: £8
- Family ticket: £35 (includes 2 adults & 2 under 18s)
Advanced entry (closes 3/12/23)
- Adults: £16
- Under 18s: £10
- Family ticket: £45 (includes2 adults & 2 under 18s)
On the day entry
- Adult: £20
- Under 18: £10
- Family ticket not available on the day
Every finishing Santa will receive a well-deserved medal.
Santa Suit collection days
You will be given your Santa suit at the check-in desks at the event.
However, if you want to turn up on the day suited and booted, we will be holding Santa suit collection evenings during the following times:
- Date: Tuesday 5 and Wednesday 6 December 2023
- Time: 16:00 - 18:30
- Location: Ann Robertson Centre, 55 London Road, Canterbury, CT2 8HQ
Adult Santa suits are one-size-fits-all so please do not try your suit while at the collection evening.
Fundraising for the gift of care this Christmas
Since 2017, Santas on the Run! has raised over £178,000 for Pilgrims Hospices. The charity relies on these donations to provide more than 1,400 hours of specialist nursing care to patients living with an incurable illness each year. But we couldn't do it without you! If every person could raise just £100 in sponsorship, together we could raise £50,000 for hospice care.
Every pound you raise will make a difference to the families being cared for this Christmas. You'll be helping patients and their families enjoy the festive season together and make memories that they can treasure.
This Christmas, your fundraising could pay for:
- £12 could pay for a patient's Christmas dinner
- £20 could pay for a physiotherapy session to help patients stay active and enjoy festive games with their families on Christmas day
- £50 could pay for a Christmas tree to bring Christmas to our hospice family rooms
- £100 could pay for a therapy session for a child coping with the loss of a loved one over the festive season
- Open a JustGiving page
- Download a Pilgrims Hospices sponsorship form
- Top tips for raising sponsorship
- Sign up to volunteer
- Download a Parental Consent Form
- Santas on the Run! FAQs