Experience an adrenaline-fuelled adventure of a lifetime and take on a tandem skydive for Pilgrims Hospices this September!
The sky’s the limit! Join other Pilgrims supporters all soaring through the sky, ticking something off their bucket list or taking extreme measures to conquer a fear of heights. Free fall from 12,000 ft amidst breathtaking views as you raise vital funds for hospice care across east Kent.
- Saturday 5th June 2021 – Fully booked
- Saturday 11th September 2021 – Fully booked
- Sunday 19 September 2021 – Fully booked
We have now filled all of our skydiving days for 2021. If you would like to be amongst the first to hear about our Tandem Skydive Days in 2022, please register your interest and we’ll be in touch.
What do I need to do?
Taking on a Skydive for Pilgrims is as simple as paying your £40 deposit and pledging to raise at least £395 for local hospice care.
By raising £395, you will be enabling Pilgrims to provide 15 hours of specialist nursing care to a patient receiving end-of-life in one of our inpatient units in Ashford, Canterbury or Margate; thank you!
Deposits are non-refundable but will count towards your sponsorship target.
Can anyone take part?
Yes, anyone over 16 years old can do a tandem skydive. Experience isn’t necessary. You’ll receive all the training you need on the day and be safely strapped to a professional instructor throughout the jump.
For safety reasons, a few restrictions do apply:
- If you’re between 16 and 18 years old you’ll need written consent from a parent or guardian.
- Those with existing health conditions, and anyone over 40 years old, must sign a declaration of fitness in order to participate.
- There is an upper weight limit of 14.5 stone (92 kg) for men and 13.5 stone (86 kg) for women. You may be weighed during registration.
- All supporters will receive a video in advance of their skydive detailing the Covid-Secure set up that has been implemented at Skydive Headcorn.
- You will be asked to bring your own pen to sign all paperwork with.
- You will need to wear a mask/face covering at all times, and bring gloves to wear.
- Hand sanitiser will be available through Skydive Headcorn, and it is asked that you use it throughout your time at Skydive Headcorn.
- The jumpsuits and harnesses which are provided by Skydive Headcorn are sanitised before and after every used, and goggles are thoroughly cleaned before and after every use.
- Hats are optional for your skydive, but it is asked that you bring something to tie your hair up with if necessary.
- There are currently restrictions on spectators with each skydiver being able to bring a maximum of 4 people with them. Spectators must remain outside, and socially distanced at all times.