Take on the Lake District Challenge for Pilgrims across 12 – 13 June 2021.
Lake District Challenge
Join the Lake District Challenge of 25km, 50km or 100km routes as you take on England’s finest countryside at your own pace. Starting in the market town of Kendal the 100km walkers will head out onto trails, over high passes and around the magnificent Lake Widermere finishing back in Kendal; a testing, but incredibly rewarding challenge. Alternatively walkers can join the first or second half of the route to complete a 50km hike. The 25km route will follow the start of the route finishing in Ambleside. With some training and determination anyone can conquer the Lake District Challenge. Will you do it for Pilgrims?
Fundraising for Pilgrims Hospices with your walk, jog or run around the Lake District this June will support us in continuing to care for over 2,500 patients each year, both in the patients home and in our three inpatient units in Ashford, Canterbury and Margate.
- Hot meals, drinks and snacks en-route
- Pace walkers, marshals, medics and massage
- Finisher’s medal, t-shirt and a glass of bubbly
- Pre-event training support + app
- Relay option and corporate packages available – round up your colleagues!
With 80% of our funding coming through voluntary contributions from our local community, the difference your support makes cannot be overstated. Every £25 that you raise could pay for one hour of specialist nursing care in one of our inpatient units.
- Charity sponsorship – you pay a small registration fee, fundraise as much as you can and we cover the cost of your event place
- Mixed funding – pay half of the event place cost yourself, fundraise as much as you can and we pay the balance of the event place cost
- Self-funding – you pay the full cost of the event place and fundraise as much as you can
Please note: when taking part in Ultra Challenge events you are asked to pledge to raise a sponsorship target when registering for ‘charity sponsorship’ and ‘mixed funding’ options which are dependent on the distance of your challenge – full challenge, half challenge or quarter challenge.
The Ultra Challenge Series
The Ultra Challenge series offers twelve inspiring endurance events that you can walk, jog or run to raise vital funds for Pilgrims. Whether it’s a 25km walk, a testing 50km jog or a 100km marathon, there’s something for all abilities. These challenges are perfect for people of any fitness level, with softer options for beginners and ‘ultra’ options for those really going for it – along with all those in between!
Ultra Challenge events are all-inclusive with an extremely high level of hospitality. They include regular rest stops approximately every 12.5km, with drinks and snacks, a fully signed route (so you won’t get lost) and hot meals to keep you going.
Passing by stunning scenery, meeting new friends and discovering hidden resilience and spirit, few can describe their elation at crossing the finish line.