Christmas comes early in our festive, family fun run
‘Tis the season to join the jolliest jog of the year as you dash along Herne Bay seafront with hundreds of fellow Santas in aid of local hospice care.
Santas on the Run! is back for its third year on Sunday 1st December 2019. Last year saw more than 1,100 fancy dressed fundraisers take to the streets of Herne Bay so please gather your Santa’s little helpers, big and small, and join in Kent’s biggest Santa run series!
Entry includes a 5-piece Santa Suit and a medal. You’ll enjoy music by Herne Bay Concert Band as you prepare for your 3k or 5k route along the seafront and will be welcomed back with a mince pie!
Santas on the Run! is an event for everyone. You can walk, run, jump or skip along Herne Bay seafront with your friends, family, colleagues or neighbours. Buggies, wheelchairs and sleighs are all welcome to join in the festive fun.
Please be aware that we cannot guarantee Santa Suits for those who sign up on the day, so we highly advise that you register in advance to secure your Santa Suit! If you’re registering a family we recommend you do this in advance as family tickets won’t be available on the day for single events or the tri-series.
Every pound you raise will make a difference to the families being cared for this Christmas. You’ll be helping patients and their families enjoy the festive season together and making memories that they can treasure.
This Christmas your fundraising could pay for:
- £1 could pay for a patient to enjoy a mince pie and custard in the run up to Christmas
- £10 could pay for a patients Christmas dinner
- £20 could pay for a physio therapy session to help patients stay active and enjoy festive games with their family on Christmas day
- £50 could pay for a Christmas tree to decorate our hospice family rooms
- £100 could pay for a therapy session for a child coping with the loss of a loved one over the festive season
You can choose from a 3k or 5k route starting at:
- The Bandstand, Central Parade, Herne Bay CT6 5JN
- Sign-in will open at 9:30 and the fun run will begin at 11:00
Advanced entries for the Herne Bay Santas on the Run! have now closed. But don’t worry if you’ve missed the deadline. You can still register on the day of the event at the venue. Simply head to the On the Day registration desks at The Bandstand, Central Parade, Herne Bay, CT6 5JN between 9:30 – 10:40. On the Day entry is £20 per adult and £10 per under 18. There is no family ticket option available on the day.
On the day
- Adult: £20
- Under 18: £10
- Family ticket isn’t available on the day
Under 3s go free no matter when you sign up.
Challenge yourself to do all 3 and sign up to our Santas on the Run! Tri-Series
Santas on the Run! Tri-Series couldn’t raise the fantastic amount it does for Pilgrims Hospices without the kind sponsorship of Jenner and the support of our well-being partners Active Life, Shepway Sports Trust and Your Leisure.
- Download a Pilgrims Hospices sponsorship form
- Top tips for raising sponsorship
- Make a JustGiving page
- Sign up to volunteer.
- Download a Parental Consent Form