Step into Christmas with our festive, family fun run in Margate
Advance entries for Santas on the Seashore! have now closed. But don't worry if you missed out, you can still turn up and register on the day. Just arrive at Fort Crescent, Margate, CT9 1HX between 9:30am - 10:45am and head to the On the Day registration desks. Ho,ho, hope to see you there!
Christmas comes early as hundreds of festive fundraisers take part in Santas on the Seashore! along Margate seafront in aid of local hospice care.
New for 2022 - we're excited to invite elves to join in the festive fun! Please be aware that elf suits are now sold out.
Santas on the Run! is coming to Margate on Sunday 11 December 2022. So, please gather your Santa's helpers, big and small, and join in Kent’s biggest Santa run series!
You’ll enjoy festive music to get you into the ho, ho, holiday spirit as you prepare for your seafront 3k or 5k fun run!
Santas on the Run! is an event for everyone, so gather your friends, family, colleagues or neighbours to enjoy the magic of Christmas together.
Santas on the Run! couldn’t raise the fantastic amount it does for Pilgrims Hospices without the generous support of our local business sponsor Wahl.
Fundraising for local hospice care
Every pound you raise will make a difference to the families being cared for this Christmas. You'll be helping patients and their families enjoy the festive season together and make memories that they can treasure.
This Christmas your fundraising could pay for:
- £1 could pay for a patient to enjoy a mince pie and custard in the run up to Christmas
- £12 could pay for a patient's Christmas dinner
- £20 could pay for a physiotherapy session to help patients stay active and enjoy games with their family on Christmas day
- £50 could pay for a Christmas tree to decorate our hospice family rooms
- £100 could pay for a therapy session for a child coping with the loss of a loved one over the festive season
You can choose from a 3k or 5k route starting at:
Sign-in will open at 9:30 and the fun run will begin at 11:00
This year, we're excited to be able to offer a limited number of elf suits! When you register, simply pick whether you'd like to take part in your fun run as Santa or an elf. Please be aware that elf suits are now sold out.
Santas on the Seashore! has a maximum capacity of 500 participants. Entry will close as soon as capacity is reached so early entry is advised to avoid disappointment. If capacity is reached before the event, on the day entry will not be available.
Early bird entry (closed - 9/10/22)
Advanced entry (closed 04/12/22)
On the day
- Adult: £20
- Under 18: £10
- Family ticket isn't available on the day
Entry includes either a 5-piece Santa Suit or 5-piece elf Suit (sold out) and a well-deserved Santa medal.
Under 3s go free no matter when you sign up.
Challenge yourself to do all 3 events in the Santas on the Run! Tri-Series by signing up here!
Festive Suit Collections
To help you prepare for Santas on the Seashore! on Sunday 11 December, we have two Festive Suit collection evenings so you can turn up suited and booted.
- Date: Tuesday 6 and Wednesday 7 December 2022
- Time: 16:00 - 18:30
- Location: Pilgrims Hospice, Ramsgate Road, Margate, CT9 4AD
We kindly ask that you attend the festive suit collection for the Santas on the Run! event that you are registered for.
Those registered for the tri-series can collect all three of their Santa Suits from any of the three collection venues.
- Open your JustGiving page
- Download a Pilgrims Hospices sponsorship form
- Top tips for raising sponsorship
- Sign up to volunteer
- Download a Parental Consent Form