Conquer the 3 highest mountains in England, Scotland and Wales.
Date: 18 – 20 August 2023
Pilgrims Hospices have teamed up with Global Adventure Challenges to offer you the chance to take on the UK’s most iconic trekking challenge; summiting the highest peaks in Scotland, England and Wales, all in one weekend!
From the rugged beauty of the Scottish Highlands, to the stunning Cumbrian Mountains, and onward to the forests and estuaries of the stunning Snowdonia National Park, you’ll enjoy some of the most striking landscapes in the UK. Take on the snow-covered peak of Ben Nevis (1,345m) and experience climbing Scafell Pike (978m) by night before your final test, reaching the summit of Mount Snowdon (1,085m) less than 48 hours later.
The UK 3 Peaks Challenge is perfect for those who want to take on their first big trekking challenge with lots of time to train, or for the experienced trekker seeking a fresh adventure. You’ll be supported every step of the way by the experienced event crew from Global Adventure Challenges, ready to help you achieve this incredible personal challenge in aid of Pilgrims Hospices.
During your challenge, you’ll climb a total of around 3,050 metres, and walk approx. 40km in aid of local hospice care, so grit and determination are essential to completing this fast-paced challenge. It’s no wonder it’s the UK’s most highly regarded trekking challenge.
- All transfers between peaks. You’ll be collected via private bus from Glasgow Central Station/Glasgow International Airport to begin your challenge, transferred between Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Mount Snowdon, and dropped off in Chester once your trek is completed.
- One of your meals each day. You’ll receive dinner when you arrive in Fort William on day 1, breakfast at your accommodation in Fort William on day 2 and breakfast in Llanberis on day 3 ahead of your final day trekking.
- Energy bars, fruit, hot drinks and drinking water at the foot of each mountain.
- Specialist guides for each mountain from the local area
- A fully supportive Challenge Events Crew from Global Adventure.
- Comprehensive first aid and medical support.
What extra costs are there?
The following are not included in the tour price:
- Travel insurance that covers mountain climbing
- Personal expenses
- Personal trekking kit
- Travel to Glasgow and returning home from Chester
- Lunch & evening meals on day 2 and 3
- Tips and gratuities
With 80% of our funding coming through voluntary donations from our local community, the difference your support makes cannot be overstated. Every £25 that you raise could pay for another hour of specialist nursing care in one of our inpatient units.
There are two ways to fund your challenge:
- Self-funding – you pay a non-refundable registration fee of £95, followed by the remaining balance of your challenge (£430). This way means there is no minimum fundraising commitment – just raise as much as you can!
- Charity sponsorship – you pay a non-refundable registration fee of £95 and, providing you reach the minimum fundraising goal of £860, Pilgrims Hospices will pay the remaining balance of your challenge on your behalf.
Whichever option you choose, you’ll enjoy the same great level of support from the Pilgrims Fundraising Team, helping you reach, and hopefully exceed, your fundraising goals.