Tips from Pilgrims: Fundraising after your challenge
Posted on 13 March 2017
If you’ve just completed a charity challenge like Firewalk for Pilgrims Hospices, well done!
Many of you will have been fundraising online in the lead up to your challenge, but did you know that around 20% of donations come in after an event?
- £10 could pay for a patient’s meals for the day
- £20 could pay for an hour of nursing care
- £35 could pay for complementary therapies for patients.
Top tips for smashing your target
- After the event is a great time to contact and thank everyone who has sponsored you already. At the same time, you can remind everyone who was considering sponsoring you that they can still do so.
- Let them know that your event’s been successful and that they can still help you smash your fundraising target.
- Your JustGiving page can take donations for a whole three months after your event (or longer if you extend it), so you’ve still got plenty of time to boost your total.
- Show your friends and family supporting you what their donation can do by sharing the Pilgrims website link – they might find it interesting to read the news or thank you page.
- If you’ve enjoyed the event, tell your friends and let them know they can join in next year.
And thank you so much for your support. Without your help, we couldn’t continue to offer free hospice services to patients, their carers and families across east Kent.
Find out more
Deborah Kellond is one of three Community Fundraising Managers at Pilgrims Hospices. The teams are always happy to help.
Find out more about how you can fundraise with Pilgrims or contact your local team directly.