Come along to plan your perfect send off and, if you like, decorate a fabulous flat-packed, low-carbon-footprint coffin.
What is Coffin Club?
Coffin Club is a safe space to talk about death and plan your perfect send off. It’s a place to come and learn about all the options available to you.
Each session consists of an hour of invited speakers followed by tea and cake, and if you want to you can also decorate your own flat-packed coffin.
By the end of the six-week course you’ll have all the information you need to plan, execute and cost your unique end-of-life celebration. You can also book on to attend one of the talks as a stand-alone event.
Venue: Dreamland, Marine Terrace, Margate CT9 1XJ
Coffin Club will run 10:30am-2pm on the following dates:
- Monday 11 November – Introduction to Coffin Club East Kent with Pilgrims Education team and Coffin Club UK founders Kate and Kate Celebrants.
- Monday 18 November – Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about cremation with Nicola Dowsett from Thanet Crematorium.
- Monday 25 November – How to plan a funeral – from the traditional to the alternative with Toby from Simple Kent Funerals.
- Monday 2 December – Creating a Beautiful and Meaningful Funeral with Holly Lyon-Hawke, holistic funeral director.
- Monday 9 December – Advance Care Planning; thinking about what is right for you and planning for end of life care with members from the Pilgrims Hospices palliative specialist nurse team and social work team.
- Monday 16 December – How to do a D.I.Y. Funeral with Pilgrims Hospices spiritual care and complementary therapist Martyn Yates.
Decorate your own coffin and attend six weeks of talks: £350
Talks only: £30
Attending one talk: £5
Car parking is available at Arlington Street car park, All Saints Avenue CT9 5QH for £7 per day. There are also frequent buses that run nearby and Margate train station is a 5-minute walk from Dreamland’s main entrance.
Coffin Club is open to anyone and everyone; spaces are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Join our Facebook event to let us know you’re coming and invite your friends.
How can I book?
Thank you so much for your support
We host community events throughout the year for the general public, aiming to open up the conversation about death and dying; with film screenings, poetry readings, Death Cafes and much more, there’s something for everyone.
If you or someone you love has been diagnosed with a life limiting illness, find out about the full range of services Pilgrims can offer.