Be part of the Ultra Challenge Series!
Thames Bridge Trek
Challenge yourself to venture 25km across the Capital taking in unrivalled views of the skyline from its best vantage points. Most will walk, many will jog and some will run – all will have a special reason to push themselves. You’ll be supported all the way and rewarded with an amazing sense of achievement as you cross the finish line.
Setting out from Putney Bridge, you’ll head east through towards City of London as you zig-zag over the historic bridges of London passing through Wandsworth, Battersea, Vauxhall, Westminster, Waterloo before crossing the majestic Tower Bridge and celebrating at the finish line.
By walking, jogging or running the Thames Bridges Trek this September, you’ll truly be making a difference to the lives of our patients, both in their homes and in our three inpatient units in Canterbury, Thanet and Ashford.
- Covered rest stops, with food and drink
- Signed route & tracking, with Trek Masters leading groups
- Medics, podiatrists & massage areas, including a self-help area to treat your own feet
- Emergency Medical Teams
- Finishers medal, t-shirt and a glass of fizz as you cross the finish line
- Shuttle buses and transfers to local train stations
With 80% of our funding coming through voluntary contributions from our local community, the difference your support makes cannot be overstated. Every £25 that you raise could pay for one hour of specialist nursing care in one of our inpatient units.
- Full Challenge – you pay a small registration fee of £10 and raise at least £250
- Full Challenge – you pay a registration fee of £45 and raise at least £135
- Full Challenge – you pay a registration fee of £79 and raise as much as you can
The Ultra Challenge Series
The Ultra Challenge series offers inspiring endurance events that you can walk, jog or run to raise vital funds for Pilgrims Hospices. Whether it’s a 25km walk, a testing 50km jog or a 100km marathon, there’s something for all abilities. These challenges are perfect for people of any fitness level, with softer options for beginners and ‘ultra’ options for those really going for it – along with all those in between!
Ultra Challenge events are all-inclusive with an extremely high level of hospitality. They include regular rest stops approximately every 12.5km, with drinks and snacks, a fully signed route (so you won’t get lost) and hot meals to keep you going.
Passing by stunning scenery, meeting new friends and discovering hidden resilience and spirit, few can describe their elation at crossing the finish line.