Wing Walking – May
Saturday 15 May 2021
Take a walk on the wild side for Pilgrims Hospices with our brand new, adrenaline-fuelled Wing-Walking challenge.
Experience a true sense of freedom as you take to the skies in aid of Pilgrims Hospices. Soar through the air at speeds of up to 120mph strapped to the wing of a Boeing Stearman biplane! You’ll take in the breathtaking views of the east Kent countryside from a birds eye view, all whilst raising much needed funds for local hospice care.
The wing walk was a great, fun experience! To sum it up I would say, that if you have ever dreamt that you could fly, sign up to a wing walk for Pilgrims as it’s the closest you’ll get!
Wing walker, 2020
The Wing Walking Company are pleased to announce that they have recieved confirmation from the Civil Aviation Authority that they can start wing walking again on 12th April 2021.
- Saturday 15 May 2021 – Fully booked
- Saturday 14 August 2021 – Fully booked
- Saturday 11 September 2021 – Fully booked
If you would like to be amongst the first to hear about our wing walking dates for 2022, please email Lydia Todd.
What do I need to do?
Taking on a wing walk for Pilgrims is as simple as paying your £40 deposit and pledge to raise at least £650 for local hospice care!
Deposits are non-refundable but will count towards your sponsorship target.
Can anyone take part?
Yes, anyone over 18 years old can do a wing walk. Experience isn’t necessary. You’ll receive all the training you need on the day and will have the opportunity to tailor your flight with the Pilot to either achieve the maximum adrenaline experience for you or a more relaxed flight.
For safety reasons, a few restrictions do apply:
- If you’re aged between 66 – 75 years of age, a GP’s declaration of good health for their age is required.
- Those with existing health conditions, and anyone over 40 years old, must sign a declaration of fitness in order to participate.
- There is an upper weight limit of 85kgs (13st 4lb). You may be weighed during registration.
- Access to the wing walking office at the airfield will be limited wing walkers only, the outdoor seating area is available for a limited number of guests per wing walker.
- You are required to bring a mask and gloves to wear during your safety briefing and whilst you are being strapped and unstrapped from the aircraft. They can be removed for the duration of your wing walk.
- All safety briefings will be carried out in the open air and socially distanced.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for wing walkers and their guests to use throughout the day.
- If you develop symptoms suggestive of Covid-19 and are required to self-isolate, you will be able to reschedule your wing walk for a later date.
- All employees of The Wing Walk Company have received full training on the enhanced Health & Safety Policies for Covid-19, they will wear the appropriate PPE and reguarly clean all surfaces and necessary aircraft areas.
- You can read more about The Wing Walk Company’s enhanced Covid-19 Health and Safety Policy here: www.thewingwalkcompany.com/covid19
You can find learn about what to expect on the day and the wing walking criteria by visiting The Wing Walking Company’s website.
The Wing Walk Company
Postcode: TN27 9HX
Contact name: Lydia Todd
Phone: 01227 812 609