Catering Assistant – Thanet
Location: Pilgrims Hospices Thanet
Status: Permanent, Part Time - 21 hours per week
Salary: £11,409.30 per annum
Closing date: 11/06/2023
Pilgrims Hospices is looking for a friendly Catering Assistant to join our team on a part-time basis, helping to prepare and provide both patient and staff meals at our Thanet hospice site.
As a Catering Assistant you will work as part of a team to ensure our hospice can consistently cater a 365 day organisation. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and serving of meals for patients, staff and visitors.
- Preparation of ingredients.
- Producing salads, sandwiches and other meals not requiring the expertise of a cook.
- Ensuring all cutlery, crockery, flatware and equipment are cleaned to appropriate standards, either by hand or through use of a dishwasher.
- Ensuring the required standards of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained at all times within the department.
- Maintaining records as instructed by the catering manager.
The post holder must ensure that food preparation is completed to a high standard, in line with standards expected within a healthcare and catering environment.
Working days will be between Sunday and Monday. The successful candidate will be required to work early and/or late shifts, between the hours of 6:30AM – 20:00PM.
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our hospices offer:
- 26 days annual leave, plus all bank and public holidays (prorated if part time).
- A great work-life balance with realistic working hours.
- Free onsite parking.
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card Membership Scheme.
- Standard Life Workplace Pension. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme.
- Subsidised meals, currently £1.65 per meal.
- Access to Dover Counselling Services.
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside passionate people.
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning.
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
To be successful in this Catering Assistant role you should:
- Be able to work well as part of a team or on your own
- Have a basic food hygiene certificate
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Approach tasks quickly and efficiently
- A flexible attitude to work in a team rota, sometimes changing days as service requires
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
How to Apply
To learn more about this Catering Assistant role, please download the full job description document as attached.
If you are interested in applying for the role and wish to join our passionate team, please complete the attached application form.