Are you an organised individual with a keen eye for detail who wants to develop your administrative skills?
Do you have a passion for working collaboratively in an environment thriving on positive change?
Do you want to experience a sense of achievement by knowing that every day you contribute to the growth and success of a much valued charity?
Pilgrims Hospices has an excellent opportunity for a proactive and efficient individual to support the PA to the CEO in a rewarding role with an award-winning charity. As a Corporate Assistant, the post holder will get involved with broad variety of administrative tasks that may include diary management and processing of meeting arrangements as well as governance and assurance administration.
The successful candidate will be involved in corporate day-to-day administrative activities supporting the quality, growth and success of a much valued charity.
Key duties include:
- Arrange meetings, send meeting invitations, prepare agendas and issue supporting documents to attendees of a range of corporate and governance meetings accordingly.
- Minute taking at corporate and governance meetings, as required.
- Provide cover and support to the PA to CEO as required.
- Provide secretarial support to the Medical Director
- Co-ordinate the review and publication of organisational policies and procedural documentation.
- Maintain accurate records, registers and schedules of information.
- Produce responses in response to Complaints and requests for personal information, ensuring confidentiality and integrity at all times.
- Undertake general administrative duties including filing, photocopying, scanning, incoming post management and data entry.
Recognising the need to support employees in working within this particular field, we provide an extensive range of support measures to ensure your success, including:
- A supportive and friendly working environment
- Regular quality interactions with our clinical and non-clinical teams
- Strong working relations with other members of the multi-disciplinary teams
- On-going training and CPD/career development
- Access to a range of resources to ensure our staff have access to help and support where and when they need it
- Regular self-care and development sessions
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end-of-life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
As an Employer of Choice, our commitment to supporting our employees and volunteers is a key priority.
Our Health and Wellbeing Strategy is an important step in ensuring the sustainability of our workforce, and clearly outlines our strategic intentions to improve employee capability, resilience, and engagement, to adapt to and embrace change as the health sector continues to develop.
Our hospices offer:
- Modern, friendly and highly professional working environments
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- Continuity in membership of the NHS pension scheme for eligible staff
- A subsidised staff canteen
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
- A good work-life balance
- Locations across well-populated areas of east Kent – all providing very good road and rail links
- Eligibility for Blue Light Card
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Free hospice parking
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice.
If you think this is your ideal role and want to join us in contributing to the provision of high quality patient care and support to those at the end of their life, please apply now.