Events Coordinator (Operations and Logistics)
Location: Pilgrims Hospices Canterbury
Status: Permanent, 35 hours per week
Salary: £24,006 per annum
Closing date: 12/06/2023
Pilgrims Hospices are looking for an Events Coordinator to oversee the delivery and operation of Pilgrims’ extensive events portfolio; it’s digital innovations and creative fundraising products, with a specialist focus on logistics and operations. The department covers; Hospice-wide events, 20+ challenge events per annuum, plus virtual and digital solutions; including Pilgrims own bespoke events app. The role will support the Events & Digital Fundraising Manager to deliver the portfolio of more than 25 events per annum, raising in excess of £400K+.
Due to a recent restructure this post has arisen and it is an exciting time to join Pilgrims Income Generation function; the events team have won leading charity sector awards over three consecutive years for innovation and technology, both on a national and local scale and are in period of development for which this role will be integral.
The postholder will have a flair for planning, logistics and operations with a keen eye for detail, processes and spreadsheets; to help enhance income generation through mass participation events fundraising. Route mapping and an interest in route planning would be advantageous or a keen wiliness to learn these skills.
The role will be responsible for fundraising operations and logistics across the east Kent area, including the management of 70+ volunteers on hospice-wide events.
Our aim is to ensure all fundraising activities are developed to the highest standards, that fundraising events including virtual, interactive and physical activities are well-planned, unique, creative and challenging.
Most importantly, we are looking for somebody with the right mindset. An individual full of personality, a team player, who is highly organised and with a can do attitude.
For more detailed information regarding the Charity, the role and the benefits. Please download:
- The bespoke Recruitment Pack for this position.
- Please download the job description for a more extensive list of responsibilities.
- Please ensure that you fit the essential criteria for the role.
This is a full-time role (35 hrs per week). The role is based at Pilgrims Hospices’ Head Office in Canterbury. Ideally full time or at least a minimum of four days a week in the office. Flexibility will be required for working days during peak periods and this does include weekend and evening work, for which time-off in lieu will be given.
Due to the nature of this role there are a number of essential requirements. Please read the job description in full for more details.
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our hospices offer:
- 26 days annual leave, plus all bank and public holidays.
- A great work-life balance with realistic working hours.
- Free onsite parking.
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card Membership Scheme.
- Standard Life Workplace Pension. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme.
- Subsidised meals, currently £1.65 per meal.
- Access to Dover Counselling Services.
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside passionate people.
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning.
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
To be successful in this Events Coordinator role you should:
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the principles, methods & management of events & supporter led fundraising
- Have an understanding of the principles of relationship development either commercially or ideally charitable
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a broad knowledge and understanding of the principles of marketing and use of social media to promote fundraising activities
- Have good IT skills – able to use of word-processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, databases, email and social media
Please refer to the job description attached for an extensive list of responsibilities and requirements.
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
How to Apply
To learn more about this Events Coordinator role, please download the full job description document and recruitment pack as attached.
If you are interested in applying for the role and wish to join our passionate team, please complete the attached application form.