An exciting opportunity has arisen for the appointment of an Events and Digital Fundraising Manager (Hospice-wide & Challenge Events) to join Pilgrims Hospices’ income generation team – a team who are creative, dynamic and passionate and have won charity sector awards over three consecutive years for innovation and technology; both on a national and local scale. The team are dedicated to raising funds and delivering an engaging portfolio of events including runs, challenges, virtual and digital activities; delivering creative campaigns and initiatives for Pilgrims supporters to get involved in.
Our focus is to put the donor at the heart of Pilgrims’ supporter care; to ensure all fundraising activities are developed and delivered to the highest standards, that fundraising events including virtual, interactive and physical activities are well-planned, safely operated and managed; and supporters receive the best possible care and are progressed through the range of giving opportunities.
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising and Projects, the Events and Digital Fundraising Manager will enhance this strong income generation department; alongside supporting the digital communications for Fundraising Teams. The role leads on the delivery of Pilgrims Hospices extensive events portfolio; its digital innovations and creative fundraising products.
The Events and Digital Fundraising Manager will:
- lead on event planning, logistics and operations for x3 flagship hospice-wide events and all challenge events (20+) income generation department value circa £425K+
- be responsible for developing and implementing the annual events calendar to achieve set targets;
- develop the strategy to support the substantial income in this area.
The Events and Digital Fundraising Manager is responsible for:
- ensuring that all hospice-wide and challenge events, partnerships and activities are effectively planned, marketed and supported to maximise income potential;
- to cultivate supporters and donors through relationship and account management strategies – to recruit, sustain and develop their fundraising across the range of products; including training, advice, support, producing relevant materials and cross-promoting other giving opportunities within the charity;
- manage the pipeline and stewardship for all 20+ challenge events. To ensure all regular touchpoints are planned and scheduled. To inspire and engage these challengers to reach their maximum potential both in terms of event participation, personal experience and income raised;
- responsible for: an Events Fundraiser (Stewardship & Marketing) and a Logistics Coordinator. In addition, this role is responsible for planning and communications of 70+ volunteers at multiple volunteers at event sites, which is overseen by the Logistics Coordinator;
- ensure the timely and effective marketing of all challenge, virtual/digital and hospice-wide events/activities to maximise participation using a variety of channels. To ensure that all product/event design and promotion is in line with the needs and motivations of the target audience;
- linking in with Pilgrims Hospices organisational strategic plans, this role will help to contribute to these ambitions by focussing on technology and creative thinking;
- protecting the integrity of data, enhancing digital communications and producing interactive campaigns via Pilgrims award-winning event app, check-in software, route mapping and text communications;
We are seeking candidates with a proven track record of successful income generation in the charitable sector; proven experience of Events/Fundraising at management level and of line managing and motivating staff to achieve high performance; proven experience of developing, implementing and monitoring plans and budgets; extensive experience of managing data, digital technology, apps and IT solutions, an extensive working knowledge of event organisation, challenge events, acquisition and development.
Pilgrims Hospices operate from three hospice sites; Canterbury, Thanet and Ashford. This is a full-time, hospice wide role, however the Events and Digital Fundraising Manager will be based at Pilgrims Head Office in Canterbury. Hybrid working will be considered with at least three days in the office, however flexibility of working days in the office is required during event season. Further, there will be the need to work weekends and evenings as required, where time off in lieu will be given.
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our hospices offer:
- 26 days annual leave, plus all bank and public holidays (prorated if part time).
- Flexible/hybrid working arrangements
- Free onsite parking
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card Membership Scheme
- Standard Life Workplace Pension.
- Subsidised meals, currently £1.65 – £2 per meal
- Access to Dover Counselling Services
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside passionate people
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent. Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our organisational and charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our organisational behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
To learn more and to apply:
To learn more about this role, please view the full Recruitment Pack / Additional Information and Role Description below.
To apply, please complete the attached application form by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: Sunday 11th February 2024
We look forward to receiving your completed application.