Pilgrims Hospices is looking for an experienced Finance Officer to join our team, and support the procedures and processes within the Finance department. This role will provide an excellent development opportunity, with plenty of variety.
As a Finance Officer you will be involved with a variety of tasks within a busy finance team. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Daily posting, reconciling Retail & Trading Income for over 30 of our Charity Shops, including banking and card reconciliations. Reconciling Retail Income to CRM system, and posting ad hoc expenditure.
- Raising weekly Education and lettings invoices and applying correct VAT element, and keeping spreadsheets up to date.
- Managing all of our E-commerce Income platforms, and reconciling to CRM platforms
- Posting and Allocating receipts to Sales ledger
- Liaising with external auditors on all Income streams.
The post holder must ensure that tasks are completed to a high standard, in line with mandatory and best practice guidelines. For a more extensive list of responsibilities, please refer to the Job Description document.
This is a full-time role (35 hrs per week) and is based at Pilgrims Hospice Canterbury although there is an opportunity for hybrid working. Working days will be Monday to Friday, 9:00- 17:00pm. You will be provided with free on-site parking and subsidised meals during your work day.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- 2 years’ experience in a similar finance role
- Experience with Sage
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A good standard of secondary education, including a minimum of grade C in Maths and English GCSEs
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our hospices offer:
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside people passionate
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- A workplace pension scheme. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme
- Subsidised meals
- A good work-life balance and realistic working hours
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card scheme
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
How to apply
To learn more about this role, please download the full job description document as attached.
If you are interested in applying for the role and wish to join our passionate team, please complete the attached application form and return it to HR@pilgrimshospices.org .
As part of our commitment to be an inclusive employer, ensuring fairness and consistency in selecting the best candidate for this role, identifying details will not be considered during our selection process.