Fundraising Assistant (Individual Giving)
Location: Pilgrims Hospices Canterbury
Status: Permanent, 35 hours per week
Salary: £19,791 per annum
Closing date: 12/06/2023
Pilgrims Hospices is looking for a friendly and passionate Fundraising Assistant to join our team on a full-time basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for their first role in the charity sector as you will get the chance to develop your knowledge and skills in a dynamic and varied fundraising environment.
As a Fundraising Assistant you will work as part of a team to ensure our hospice can consistently cater a 365 day organisation. Your main responsibilities will include:
- General fundraising/administration duties.
- Ensure supporter communications and records are accurate, timely and appropriate.
- Support on all aspects of campaign delivery on a range of fundraising appeals, this may include creative aspects.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with external suppliers, in order to get the best results and value for money for Pilgrims Hospices.
- Maintain and actively develop the team’s online and offline publicity across a number of platforms internally and externally, working closely with the Marketing Team.
To learn more about the role and the Fundraising department, please refer to the attached Recruitment Brochure PDF.
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our hospices offer:
- 26 days annual leave, plus all bank and public holidays.
- A great work-life balance with realistic working hours.
- Free onsite parking.
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card Membership Scheme.
- Standard Life Workplace Pension. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme.
- Subsidised meals, currently £1.65 per meal.
- Access to Dover Counselling Services.
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside passionate people.
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning.
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
To be successful in this Fundraising Assistant role you should:
- Be educated to A level, or have equivalent experience
- Have a full driving license and access to your own vehicle
- Have demonstrable experience working as part of a team
- Have experience of planning, delivering and working on events and to tight deadlines
- Be fully IT literate, and conversant in the use of Microsoft Office applications
Please refer to the job description attached for an extensive list of responsibilities and requirements.
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
How to Apply
To learn more about this Fundraising Assistant role, please download the full job description document as attached.
If you are interested in applying for the role and wish to join our passionate team, please complete the attached application form.