Why Work for Us
Do you have a background in healthcare?
Do you want to develop your healthcare assistant’s skills into a specialist role and be part of a pro-active multi-disciplinary and professional team, who put excellent patient care as their priority?
Do you have a passion for working collaboratively in an environment of thriving on positive change and making a difference to those with palliative and end of life care needs?
Are you passionate about supporting and empowering patients to live well until their very last moment in their life?
If so, then the role of Hospice at Home – Healthcare Assistant at Pilgrims may be just the job for you!
We are seeking well-motivated and forward thinking professionals to join our multi-disciplinary team, in supporting patients across east Kent.
The successful candidate will join a busy team where they will ensuring that patients in the community receive the highest standard of care in their homes.
Previous applicants need not reapply.
Key duties include:
- Responsibility for the delivery of effective and safe patient care within agreed boundaries of the role as indicated within the care plan, such as personal care and assistance with activities of daily living
- Work in partnership with patients, families, carers and other community health and social care professionals, to appropriately follow the care plan.
- Carry out patient nursing care and support to families and carers within agreed boundaries of the role and competency framework.
- Maintaining contact with patients, family and carers for the purposes of planning on-going hospice at home support and liaising with Pilgrims Hospices Hospice at Home Team.
- Respect the persons home as a working environment (classed as a no smoking area).
- To be aware of the employees responsibility for maintaining a safe working environment, reporting accidents or untoward incidents and potential for risk.
Recognising the need to support employees working within this particular field, we provide an extensive range of physical and psychological support measures through our health and wellbeing programme, to ensure your success, including:
- A supportive and friendly working environment
- Regular quality interactions with our clinical and medical teams
- Strong working relationships with other members of the multi-disciplinary teams
- On-going training and CPD/career development
- Access to a range of resources to ensure our staff have access to help and support where and when they need it; and
- Regular self-care and development sessions
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end-of-life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
As an Employer of Choice, our commitment to supporting our employees and volunteers is a key priority.
Our Health and Wellbeing Strategy is an important step in ensuring the sustainability of our workforce, and clearly outlines our strategic intentions to improve employee capability, resilience, and engagement, to adapt to and embrace change as the health sector continues to develop.
Our hospices offer:
- Modern, friendly and highly professional working environments
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- Alignment with NHS pay rates and continuity in membership of the NHS pension scheme
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
- A good work-life balance
- Locations across well-populated areas of east Kent – all providing very good road and rail links
- NHS and financial discounts i.e. Blue Light Card
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Free hospice parking
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice.
If you think this is your ideal role and want to join us and contribute to providing high quality patient care and support to those at the end of their life, please apply now.