Pilgrims Hospices are looking for an organised, friendly and self-motivated administrative assistant to join our busy HR team, located in Canterbury, Kent on a part-time basis.
This is a support role and therefore previous experience of working within a HR department is not required.
As a member of the HR function, you will support the team in delivering a high quality, effective and efficient HR service.
Your main duties will include:
- Issuing contractual documents (based on templates) for new and current employees, using our e-signature service, “signable”.
- Supporting with the digitisation of paper HR-files as we move to electronic filing.
- Assisting with the recruitment and onboarding by writing contracts, posting job adverts, collating shortlists of applications, inviting candidates to interview and more.
- Collating information for regular recruitment updates to the Executive Management team.
- General administrative duties, including answering the phone, responding to email queries, photocopying and scanning.
The post holder must ensure that services are provided to a high standard.
For a more extensive list of responsibilities, please refer to the Job Description document.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in a “customer service” role, internally or externally.
- Previous experience of writing professional letters.
- Excellent I.T. skills, including experience with using different on-line systems and / or databases.
- Excellent prioritisation skills, self-motivation and organisation in your approach to undertaking tasks.
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our hospices offer:
- 26 days annual leave, plus all bank and public holidays (prorated if part time).
- Flexible/hybrid working arrangements and a great work-life balance with realistic working hours
- Free onsite parking
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card Membership Scheme
- Standard Life Workplace Pension. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme
- Subsidised meals, currently £1.65 per meal
- Access to Dover Counselling Services
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside passionate people
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our organisational and charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our organisational behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
How to apply:
To learn more about this role, please download the full job description document as attached.
If you are interested in applying for the role and wish to join our passionate team, please complete the attached application form.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: Friday 15th December 2023