Are you a passionate individual with a proven background in HR looking for a new challenge?
Do you have a passion for working collaboratively in an environment thriving on positive change?
Do you want to experience a sense of achievement by knowing that every day you contribute to the growth and success of a much valued charity?
Pilgrims Hospices has an excellent opportunity for highly-motivated HR professionals to join a team delivering expert HR advice and support in a rewarding role with an award-winning charity. As an HR Advisor, the post holder will support managers and deliver HR interventions across key business areas and will support the development of a high-performing workplace culture.
The post holder will partner with the non-clinical areas and business leads of our charity to support the delivery of our income generation, central services and domestic and catering activities.
Candidates should be experienced HR practitioners, qualified to CIPD level 5 or above, capable of acting autonomously and with a track-record of advising managers regarding complex HR issues. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, work well individually and as part of a team, have an outcome-oriented approach to work and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The role would suit an experienced HR professional looking for a new challenge, or an HR Officer looking to take their next step in their career. This role would offer the successful candidate the opportunity to develop their HR practice across a broad range of professional areas, developing experience in generalist role with exposure to both public and private sector and ways of working.
As a member of the HR team, the successful candidate(s) will be involved in corporate day-to-day activities supporting the quality, growth and success of a much valued charity.
Key duties include:
- Being responsible for several business areas providing dedicated, expert advice in relation to employee relations, absence and performance management and ensuring compliance with legislation and company policy.
- Acting as the first point of contact for managers within their dedicated business areas , including providing generalist HR advice.
- Providing advice to managers in relation to complex workforce matters and supporting performance management.
- Supporting in the development of HR related policies, ensuring HR practices reflect current legislation, best practice and supports the charity’s objectives.
- Delivering training in HR practice developing the skills and management capability, ensuring managers are equipped with the appropriate knowledge and skills to succeed.
- Working in partnership with management to develop services and drive forward organisational strategy, delivering a tangible benefit to our service users.
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end-of-life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
As an Employer of Choice, our commitment to supporting our employees and volunteers is a key priority.
Our Health and Wellbeing Strategy is an important step in ensuring the sustainability of our workforce, and clearly outlines our strategic intentions to improve employee capability, resilience, and engagement, to adapt to and embrace change as the health sector continues to develop.
Our hospices offer:
- Modern, friendly and highly professional working environments
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- Continuity in membership of the NHS pension scheme for eligible staff
- A subsidised staff canteen
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
- A good work-life balance
- Locations across well-populated areas of east Kent – all providing very good road and rail links
- Eligibility for Blue Light Card
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Free hospice parking
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice.
If you think this is your ideal role and want to join us and contribute to providing high quality patient care and support to those at the end of their life, please apply now.