Pilgrims Hospices is looking for friendly Hub Administrator to join our team, being the first point of contact for incoming patient related queries and to provide administrative support to the clinical teams across our three inpatient units, community services and central Hub.
As a Hub Administrator you will work as part of a team to coordinate communication and responses between patients, carers and professionals. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Be the initial point of contact for any person making contact with the Pilgrims Hospices, who require access to the clinical services and/or professional end-of-life care management advice.
- Concisely record important information from each caller that will assist with the onward management of the call.
- Plan and organise smooth running of outpatient clinics.
- Monitor the administration of patient medication records.
- General administration including scheduling rotas and organisation / filing of paperwork.
The post holder must ensure that administration is completed to a high standard, in line with standards expected within a healthcare environment.
This is a full-time role (35 hrs per week) and is based at Pilgrims Hospice Ashford. The successful candidate should be fully flexible, able to participate in a 365-day-per-year rota including evening and weekend work. You will be provided with on-site parking and subsidised meals during your work day.
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our hospices offer:
- Generous annual leave.
- Flexible/hybrid working arrangements and a great work-life balance with realistic working hours.
- Free onsite parking.
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card Membership Scheme.
- Standard Life Workplace Pension. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme.
- Subsidised meals, currently £2 per meal.
- Access to Dover Counselling Services.
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity pay to match the NHS.
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside passionate people.
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning.
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
To be successful in this role you should:
- Have significant relevant experience in an administrative role.
- Have strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Be fully IT literate, including use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Have a good telephone manner and ability to project empathy.
- Be able to work effectively with minimum supervision and under pressure at times
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
How to Apply
To learn more about this role, please download the full job description document as attached.
If you are interested in applying for the role and wish to join our passionate team, please complete the online application form.
As part of our commitment to be an inclusive employer, ensuring fairness and consistency in selecting the best candidate for this role, identifying details will not be considered during our selection process.