Pilgrims Hospices is looking for an organised and efficient Lottery Administrative Assistant to join our team, helping to support the Lottery Manager in the effective day to day operation of administration and customer service.
As a member of the Lottery team, the successful candidate will be involved in corporate day-to-day activities supporting the quality, growth and success of a much valued charitable organisation.
The Lottery Administrative Assistant will be responsible for carrying out administrative duties to support the smooth running of the Pilgrims Hospices Lottery:
- Handling all incoming calls from Lottery members and the general public, dealing with queries courteously and efficiently and re-directing to other departments as necessary
- Maintaining an accurate Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database by entering and updating member information
- Handling payments via telephone, post and from Lottery Collectors
- Adhering to our policies and procedure and those of the Gambling Commission
- Handling donations and associated Gift Aid declarations
- Updating our social media networks and website with weekly draw results
- Running the Lottery weekly draw on our CRM and notifying winners
The post-holder must ensure that duties are completed to a high standard, in line with standards expected within a professional environment.
This is a part-time role (14 hrs per week) and is based at Pilgrims Hospice Canterbury. The successful candidate should be flexible and able to work between Monday to Friday (inclusive) in a regular working pattern. You will be provided with free on-site parking.
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Proven experience within both an administrative and customer support role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent I.T skills to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Be educated to GCSE level or equivalent in maths and English
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Be organised, efficient and highly numerate
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our hospices offer:
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- A great work-life balance with realistic working hours.
- Free onsite parking.
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card Membership Scheme.
- Standard Life Workplace Pension. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme.
- Access to Dover Counselling Services.
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity pay to match the NHS.
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside passionate people.
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning.
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
How to Apply
To learn more about this role, please download the full job description document as attached.
If you are interested in applying for the role and wish to join our passionate team, please complete the online application form.
As part of our commitment to be an inclusive employer, ensuring fairness and consistency in selecting the best candidate for this role, identifying details will not be considered during our selection process.