Maintenance Engineer- Thanet
Status: Full-Time, 35 hours a week
Salary: £20,515 per annum
Closing date: 01/11/2022
Pilgrims Hospices is looking for friendly Maintenance Engineer to join our team, helping to keep our hospice buildings and estate maintained for all those who work, visit and stay at our Thanet hospice site.
As a Maintenance Engineer you will work with the Hospice Services Manager to ensure compliance to regulatory standards, continuing the upkeep of our hospice environment. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Daily inspection of site and maintenance and repairs as required
- Maintenance and repair of Hospice equipment, where appropriate.
- Care of Hospice gardens including liaison with a team of volunteer gardeners
- Redecoration/improvements to the building/estate
- Monitoring of the heating/water systems
- Liaison and building relationships with contractors.
- Maintain accurate records in relation to fire, electrical and gas and water safety checks
The post holder must ensure that maintenance is completed to a high standard, in line with standards expected within a healthcare environment.
This is a full-time role (35 hrs per week) and is based at Pilgrims Hospice Thanet. Working days will usually be from Monday to Friday but flexibility is essential as you will be expected to be on-call as a part of this role. You will be provided with on-site parking and subsidised meals during your work day.
To be successful in this role you should:
- Have experience of working in a facilities maintenance role
- Able to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Practical trade skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise a workload based on changing service needs
- Clean driving licence, able to drive cars and vans
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our hospices offer:
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside people passionate
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- A workplace pension scheme. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme
- Subsidised meals
- A good work-life balance and realistic working hours
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card scheme
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
How to Apply
To learn more about this role, please download the full job description document as attached.
If you are interested in applying for the role and wish to join our passionate team, please complete the online application form.
As part of our commitment to be an inclusive employer, ensuring fairness and consistency in selecting the best candidate for this role, identifying details will not be considered during our selection process.