Pilgrims Hospices is looking for an experienced and organised Management Accountant with a keen eye for detail to join our team, and support the procedures and processes within the Finance department. This role will provide an excellent development opportunity, with plenty of variety.
As a Management Accountant you will be involved with a variety of tasks within a busy finance team. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with Month End Procedures and preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparing Accruals/Prepayments.
- Ensure monthly Bank Reconciliations are carried out.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register, dealing with depreciation, additions and disposals.
- Assist with the planned roll-out of the full Purchase ordering system capability.
- Meet with Budget managers to assist the Finance Manager with “Finance Business Partnering” including reviewing budgeted expenditure and income.
- Assisting the Finance manager with VAT Returns.
- Statutory Reporting to Government organisations, (e.g. Office for National Statistics).
- Assist with the preparation of the five year rolling budget.
- All duties of Credit Control and handling Customer queries.
The post holder must ensure that tasks are completed to a high standard, in line with mandatory and best practice guidelines. For a more extensive list of responsibilities, please refer to the Job Description document.
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our hospices offer:
- 26 days annual leave, plus all bank and public holidays.
- Flexible/hybrid working arrangements and a great work-life balance with realistic working hours.
- Free onsite parking.
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card Membership Scheme.
- Standard Life Workplace Pension. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme.
- Subsidised meals, currently £2 per meal.
- Access to Dover Counselling Services.
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity pay to match the NHS.
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside passionate people.
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning.
This is a full time role (35 hours per week) and is based at Pilgrims Hospice Canterbury, although the opportunity for flexible and hybrid-working will be considered . Working days will be from Monday to Friday. You will be provided with on-site parking and subsidised meals during your work day.
To be successful in this role you should:
- Be AAT qualified/Part qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Have a good standard of secondary education, including a minimum of grade C in Maths and English GCSEs
- A general all round understanding of finance and ledger work
- Be analytical in your thinking with a high level of accuracy and a keen eye for detail
- Have credit control experience
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
How to Apply
To learn more about this role, please download the full job description document as attached.
If you are interested in applying for the role and wish to join our passionate team, please complete our online application form, including as much detail as possible.