We are looking for enthusiastic and adaptable Nurse Associates to join our caring team at our Inpatient Units. This is an exciting opportunity for a registered Nursing Associate to make a difference in an award winning palliative care charity.
- You will provide full holistic assessments, and develop patient-centred care plans using the skills and knowledge you have obtained during your foundation degree study.
- You will be providing individualised high-quality care to patients, so you’ll need a minimum of 2 years experience and be a registered Nursing Associate with the NMC.
- Supporting leadership, to their Band 2 and Band 3 colleagues – helping them to develop in their roles and enhance the service we provide to our patients within the ward setting.
As a Band 4 Nurse Associate you will work closely with all users of our services and their families, friends and carers who all play an invaluable contribution in how our users experience our services. Band 4 Nurse Associates are expected to be kind and responsive but professional and informative and contribute to the quality of the services provided across the health economy by:
- Keeping the people who use our services as safe as possible through the use of sound clinical skills and effective risk assessments
- Ensuring the best possible clinical outcomes by using up-to-date skills and using evidence-based policies and procedures
- Ensuring the people using our services have a good experience by respecting, empowering and working in partnership with everyone involved in care planning.
Operating a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week service, the post holder will primarily support the smooth running of the Inpatient Unit, working a range of shifts including rotation between days/ nights and weekends.
We will require the successful post holder to have completed their Nursing Associate Training and be registered with the NMC.
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our workplaces offer:
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside people passionate about what we do
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- A workplace pension scheme. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme
- A good work-life balance and realistic working hours
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card scheme
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
How to apply
To learn more about this role, please download the full job description document as attached.
If you are interested in applying for the role and wish to join our passionate team, please complete the online application form via NHS JOBS.
As part of our commitment to be an inclusive employer, ensuring fairness and consistency in selecting the best candidate for this role, identifying details will not be considered during our selection process.