Do you have a background in Community Nursing, long term conditions or Oncology?
Do you want to develop your nursing skills into a specialist role and be part of a pro-active multi professional team, who put the patient at the centre of their care?
Are you passionate about empowering people to live well with life limiting illnesses?
- Through holistic needs assessment.
- Providing individually planned care informed by patient wishes.
- Supporting patients and their families/carers to have open and honest conversations about their wishes for end of life care.
Then the role of Palliative Specialist Nurse at Pilgrims may be just the job for you!
We are seeking a well-motivated and forward thinking practitioner to join our Multidisciplinary Team, in supporting our patients based in East Kent.
Recognising the need to support staff in working within this particular field of nursing we provide an extensive range of support measures to ensure your success, including:
- A supportive and friendly environment. This includes senior support from other members of the clinical and medical team, as well as strong working relations with other members of the MDT.
- Support for ongoing training and CPD/career development; and
- Regular self-care and development sessions.
As a senior member of the nursing team , the successful candidate will be involved in assessing and developing appropriate plans of intervention and support for patients and their families, acting as a resource in providing advice on active palliative care management.
Key duties include:
- Providing advice and guidance related to symptom management;
- Recognise and appropriately respond to changes in patients conditions;
- Act as an independent prescriber,
- Actively contribute in service development
- Being involved in the supervision and education of other health professionals, and
- Undertaking evidence based projects and audit, making recommendations for change in practice and development as required.
As an award winning employer, Pilgrims provides care services to patients and their families across East Kent delivering a range of holistic care.
At Pilgrims Hospices we have a simple vision:
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that will enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our ‘CODE’ which guides us in our daily working and decision making.
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care.
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively.
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our services.
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes.
Recognising that our workforce is a valuable asset and integral to the delivery of our Vision and Mission we place a strong emphasis on the health and wellbeing of all our staff and volunteers, from actively encouraging professional development through to promoting an environment where we can talk openly and have access to the support when and where staff may need it.
If you’re an independent decision maker, and think you’d enjoy working for Pilgrims, or would like to know more about the role please do get in touch.