The clinical administration team within Pilgrims Hospices has recently undergone a review and an exciting new role of Patient Administration Team Leader has been introduced.
The Patient Administration Team Leader will play a crucial role in delivering Pilgrims Hospices’ site based administration support to a multi-disciplinary clinical team. Our clinical team requires a team leader who can lead through change, generate enthusiasm, and communicate their vision to their own team. As Team Leader will you lead and manage a small team of Patient Administration Coordinators who will all play a crucial role in delivering administration support.
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates who feel they can provide high quality leadership and effective day-to-day management for our Admin Teams
Amongst other tasks, the Team Leader will:
- Supervise / lead a small team including performance reviews, absence management, etc
- Liaise with a multi-disciplinary clinical team to support their administrative needs, ensuring systems run smoothly
- Oversee and carry out administrative processes for patient admissions, discharges and deaths, via an electronic patient database
- Carry out the work of a Patient Administration Coordinator
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role we are seeking candidates who:
- Have previous experience of supervising/leading a small team
- Have significant experience in an administrative role ideally within a healthcare or charitable organisation and are able to set up and support admin systems as well as manage performance data collection and monitoring.
- Are fully IT literate, particularly in the use of databases and Microsoft Office applications.
- Are organised and able to demonstrate high standards of verbal and written communication at all levels, and have the ability to project empathy when required and deal with matters of a confidential, sensitive and at times distressing nature
- Have demonstrable problem solving skills
- Have a flexible approach to work, the ability to prioritise and at times to work under pressure
For a more extensive list of responsibilities, please refer to the Job Description.
This a full-time position (35 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
based at Pilgrims Hospices Canterbury.
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our hospices offer:
- 26 days annual leave, plus all public holidays.
- Free onsite parking
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card Membership Scheme
- Standard Life Workplace Pension. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme
- Subsidised meals, currently £1.65 – £ 2 per meal
- Access to Dover Counselling Services
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside passionate people
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our organisational and charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our organisational behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
How to apply:
If you wish to join our passionate team at Pilgrims Hospices and apply, please complete the attached application form.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: Wednesday 27th December 2023
Interviews are expected to take place on: Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th January 2024 at Pilgrims Hospices – Canterbury