Pilgrims Hospices is recruiting a Physiotherapy Assistant to join the team in Thanet.
Pilgrims is seeking a well-motivated and forward thinking Physiotherapy Assistant to join the multidisciplinary team (MDT), to support our patients in East Kent. The successful candidate will be looking to develop your Physiotherapy skills into a specialist role and be part of a pro-active multi-disciplinary and professional team, who put excellent patient care as their priority.
We provide an extensive range of support to ensure that all staff and volunteers can be successful and receive the development and recognition they deserve, including:
- A supportive and friendly environment.
- Support for ongoing training and CPD/career development.
Key duties include:
- To assist qualified Therapy staff to deliver programmes of care for patients
- To monitor/order/maintain resources (ensuring adequate supply of all essential materials/equipment/resources) to support the Therapy Team in the provision of an efficient service.
- To independently deliver packages of care for clients in group or individual sessions as instructed by a therapist.
- To help train and support carers, in order for them to implement therapy advice effectively.
- To take part in quality governance, audits and projects for the team/service
- To contribute to, and provide feedback about, possible developments in the team
- To facilitate relevant professionals / carers to carry out therapy programmes / strategies / advice as instructed by the therapist.
- To move and handle clients, prepare work spaces & move equipment while observing correct manual handling techniques and following local procedures and guidelines.
- To organise timetable of therapy and appointments where required across arrange of settings
This is a PART-TIME role.
The post holder must ensure that services are provided to a high standard. For a more extensive list of responsibilities, please refer to the Job Description document.
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our workplaces offer:
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside people passionate about what we do
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- A workplace pension scheme. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme
- A good work-life balance and realistic working hours
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card scheme
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
How to apply
To learn more about this role, please download the full job description document as attached.
If you are interested in applying for the role and wish to join our passionate team, please complete the online application form via NHS JOBS.
As part of our commitment to be an inclusive employer, ensuring fairness and consistency in selecting the best candidate for this role, identifying details will not be considered during our selection process.