Do you have experience in Retail Management, and want to be part of a friendly team who generate income for a worthwhile cause?
Pilgrims Hospices is looking for a Retail Manager to join the team in our Broadstairs Shop, helping to co-ordinate the effective operation and management retail staff and volunteers, as well as the day-to-day service of the shop.
As the Retail Manager you will ensure that the Broadstairs Shop is a successful source of income generation whilst maintaining a good rapport with the wider retail team. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Picking and sorting stock when required from our central distribution site
- Managing and training volunteers
- Carrying out shop administration
- Maintain a high standard of merchandising and display, within the windows and in store, through continual communication and review with your Area Manager.
- Prepare weekly rotas on a monthly basis, ensuring the shop is adequately staffed at all times
- Identify opportunities within the community to raise the profile of the shop and in turn bring in further income.
The post holder must ensure that services are provided to a high standard. For a more extensive list of responsibilities, please refer to the Job Description document.
This is a full-time role (35 hrs per week) and is based at Pilgrims Hospices’ Broadstairs Shop. Working days will be between Monday and Sunday, with a regular shift pattern allocated, although you should be flexible.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Experience working in a target-driven retail environment.
- Retail sales experience at managerial level
- Entrepreneurial and commercial mind.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Maths and English
- Able to assist with the movement of furniture
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, personable and able to relate to volunteers
- A flexible and positive attitude
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our workplaces offer:
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside people passionate about what we do
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- A workplace pension scheme. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme
- A good work-life balance and realistic working hours
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card scheme
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
How to apply
To learn more about this role, please download the full job description document as attached.
If you are interested in applying for the role and wish to join our passionate team, please complete the attached application form.
As part of our commitment to be an inclusive employer, ensuring fairness and consistency in selecting the best candidate for this role, identifying details will not be considered during our selection process.