Pilgrims Hospices is looking for a friendly Retail Stock Processor to join the team and ensure that sufficient stock is processed daily to maintain the required stock density for our Folkestone store.
As a Retail Stock Processor you will support the store manager with day-to-day activities. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Meeting agreed financial targets.
- Maintaining effective stock management and merchandising.
- Managing and training volunteers.
- Carrying out shop administration.
- Following health and safety policy & procedures and giving training when needed.
- Implementing and ensuring the growth or our Gift Aid scheme.
The post holder must ensure that tasks are completed to a high standard, in line with standards expected within a retail environment.
This is a part-time role (28 hrs per week) and is based at Pilgrims Hospices Folkestone Store. Working days will usually be between Sunday and Monday, with a regular shift pattern, however flexibility is essential.
To be successful in this role you should:
- Have a friendly and approachable attitude
- Be able to work well as part of a team or on your own
- Have retail sales experience, particularly in a Fashion retailer
- Be numerate and commercially aware
- Have an awareness of high street retail fashion
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our hospices offer:
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside people passionate
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- A workplace pension scheme. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme
- Subsidised meals
- A good work-life balance and realistic working hours
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card scheme
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
How to Apply
To learn more about this role, please download the full job Retail Stock Processor description document as attached.
If you are interested in applying for the role and wish to join our passionate team, please complete the online application form.
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on 9th August 2022.
As part of our commitment to be an inclusive employer, ensuring fairness and consistency in selecting the best candidate for this role, identifying details will not be considered during our selection process.