Do you have experience in driving and manual handling, and want to be part of a friendly team who make money for a worthwhile cause?
Pilgrims Hospices is looking for a Retail Van Driver to join the team and help to support our retail stores with the delivery and collection of stock to aid the smooth-running of our retail operations.
As the Retail Van Driver you will be responsible for the day to day collection and delivery of donations, under the guidance of the Warehouse and Logistics Manager, and Driver Supervisor. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Responsibly collecting, assessing the suitability and transporting donated items
- Interacting with customers and dealing with queries and feedback in a sensitive manner
- Maintaining and growing the ‘Gift Aid’ scheme
- Assist in the clearance and sorting of donations from shops and in the warehouse.
The post holder must ensure that services are provided to a high standard. For a more extensive list of responsibilities, please refer to the Job Description document.
This is a full time role and is based at both the Pilgrims Hospices’ Tivoli Brooks Warehouse.
To be successful in this role you will need to be hands on, physically fit as this is a role that requires repetitive manual handling. You should also have:
- Previous experience of manual handling and the ability to do this on a daily basis.
- Experience driving a variety of different sized vehicles and a clean license.
- Good loading/packing skills
- The aptitude to learn about a wide variety of items that are donated.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, personable, able to relate to staff, volunteers and customers.
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
As an Employer of Choice we are committed supporting our employees and volunteers through both a holistic benefits package, but also through wellbeing and work/life balance.
Our workplaces offer:
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside people passionate about what we do
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- A workplace pension scheme. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme
- A good work-life balance and realistic working hours
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card scheme
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
How to apply
To learn more about this role, please download the full job description document as attached.
If you are interested in applying for the role and wish to join our passionate team, please complete the attached application form.