Are you an experienced facilities manager looking to work in a friendly environment with a good work/life balance?
Pilgrims Hospices is looking for an experienced Site Operations and Facilities Manager to join our team, helping to coordinate people, place and process; to improve the wellbeing of those who work, visit and stay at our Canterbury hospice site; and to support the overall productivity of our services.
As the Site Operations and Facilities Manager you will be accountable for the provision of on-site services to support the different Hospice functional teams. Your main responsibilities will include the governance of:
- Compliance and legislation of hospice facilities management services
- Health & Safety
- Fire protection
- Water Safety
- Management of Assets
- Internal and External Landscaping
- Inhouse and outsourced contracts and suppliers
- Waste Management and Recycling
- Space Planning
- Project Management
- Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Site Security
- Hospice Volunteers
- Cleaning services and environmental monitoring.
The post holder must ensure that services are provided to a high standard, in line with mandatory and best practice guidelines. For a more extensive list of responsibilities, please refer to the Job Description document.
This is a full-time role (35 hrs per week) and is based at Pilgrims Hospice Canterbury although it is a role that will operate across all of our 3 hospice sites when required. Working days will usually be Monday to Friday and you will be on-call for occasions that a significant issue occurs when you are not on site. You will be provided with on-site parking and subsidised meals during your work day.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Proven experience of managing multi-purpose facilities / sites.
- Previous experience of a customer facing / customer service role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, being able to communicate effectively to those with differing levels of knowledge
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to manage your time and responsibilities.
- A full clean driving license, with a willingness to provide support to other locations and access to your own transport.
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end of life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
As an Employer of Choice, our commitment to supporting our employees and volunteers is a key priority.
Our Health and Wellbeing Strategy is an important step in ensuring the sustainability of our workforce, and clearly outlines our strategic intentions to improve employee capability, resilience, and engagement, to adapt to and embrace change as the health sector continues to develop.
Our hospices offer:
- Friendly and highly professional working environments alongside people passionate
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- A workplace pension scheme. Those joining us from the NHS may retain eligibility to membership of the NHS pension scheme
- Subsidised meals
- A good work-life balance and realistic working hours
- Financial discounts, provided through the Blue Light Card scheme
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice!
How to apply
To learn more about this role, please download the full job description document as attached.
If you are interested in applying for the role and wish to join our passionate team, please complete the attached application form.
As part of our commitment to be an inclusive employer, ensuring fairness and consistency in selecting the best candidate for this role, identifying details will not be considered during our selection process.