Location: Canterbury - Hybrid Opportunities Available
Status: Permanent - Part Time (22.5 hours per week)
Salary: £16,411.00 pro rata (based on £27,351.00 FTE)
Closing date: 18/10/2022
Are you experienced with supporting volunteers and looking to work alongside motivated people whilst enjoying a good work / life balance?
Pilgrims Hospices is looking for an experienced Volunteering Advisor to join our team, helping to develop our volunteering offer, keep our volunteers engaged and informed, and to support the managers of volunteers to deliver effective services.
As the Volunteering Advisor you will be responsible for the provision of specialist expertise and advice to support volunteers and their managers to meet our strategic objectives. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Volunteering specific policy and advice
- Coaching managers of volunteers
- Developing new volunteer recruitment and onboarding systems
- Maintaining an online volunteer brand
- Managing volunteer data
- Standardising profession development for volunteers
- Coordinate and create communications to keep our volunteers informed
- Retain an overview of volunteer training requirements
- Lead on engagement activities with our volunteer groups
- Develop and deliver a simple work experience and placements process.
The post holder must ensure that services are provided to a high standard, in line with mandatory and best practice guidelines. For a more extensive list of responsibilities, please refer to the Volunteer Advisor Job Description.
This is a part-time role (22.5 hrs per week) and is based at Pilgrims Hospice Canterbury although it is a role that will operate across our hospice and retail sites in East Kent when required and some hybrid working is possible. Working hours are flexible and could be delivered in 3 full days, or split across 4 – 5 days. You will be provided with on-site parking and subsidised meals during your work day.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Previous experience of working with volunteers in a similar sized organisation.
- Experience of coaching and supporting managers of volunteers on complex management issues.
- Experience of developing and delivering training to managers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, in a manner which is clear, fluent and persuasive.
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to manage your time and responsibilities.
- Ability to review and develop systems and processes.
- A full clean driving license, with a willingness to provide support to other locations and access to your own transport.
As an award-winning employer, Pilgrims provides end-of-life care services to patients and their families across east Kent.
Our commitment is to provide open, compassionate care and expertise for patients and their families – both in the community and in-patient units.
“Of a community where people with a terminal illness and their family and friends are supported and empowered to live well in mind and body until the very last moment of their life”.
We recognise that our workforce is integral to the delivery of our Vision and our charitable aims. Pilgrims Hospices continues to create a highly skilled, motivated, engaged and healthy workforce by providing an environment where staff and volunteers feel highly motivated to perform their roles to a consistently high standard, and actively role model our charitable behaviours and values.
To achieve our Vision, we have a shared set of values and behaviours that enable us to be the people and the charity that patients and their loved ones need us to be. They form our CODE, which guides us in our daily working and decision making:
Compassionate We treat everyone with compassion and care
Open We communicate openly, honestly and effectively
Dynamic We are dynamic, improving and developing our service
Empowered We empower people to achieve their outcomes
As an Employer of Choice, our commitment to supporting our employees and volunteers is a key priority.
Our Health and Wellbeing Strategy is an important step in ensuring the sustainability of our workforce, and clearly outlines our strategic intentions to improve employee capability, resilience, and engagement, to adapt to and embrace change as the health sector continues to develop.
Our hospices offer:
- Modern, friendly and highly professional working environments
- Opportunities for professional development through a range of extensive learning
- Alignment with NHS pay rates and continuity in membership of the NHS pension scheme
- A sense of achievement in supporting a worthwhile cause
- A sense of wellbeing
- A good work-life balance
- Locations across well-populated areas of east Kent – all providing very good road and rail links
- NHS and financial discounts i.e. Blue Light Card
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Free hospice parking
We invest in our employees, which is one of the key things that makes us an award-winning employer of choice.
If you are interested in applying for the role and wish to join our passionate team, please download and complete the attached application form and return it to HR@pilgrimshospices.org .
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on 18 October 2022.
As part of our commitment to be an inclusive employer, ensuring fairness and consistency in selecting the best candidate for this role, identifying details will not be considered during our selection process.